Did you mean: 

Any other cards I can get?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Any other cards I can get?

@JayDilla wrote:

Which card is a GE card?

Walmart... CLI request every 4 months... ALWAYS A SP... you can even talk to underwriting now about CLI and stil a SP.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayDilla wrote:

My credit is horrible. But am working on trying to get it higher. About a year ago when I realized I need to get it straightened out it was in the 400's. (transrisk) and fico. I have them up to 571. Am looking for cards I can get with easy approval. Below are the cards I currently have.

Applied Bank ($800 CL)

Capitol One Pre Paid ($250 CL)

First Premier Bank ($300 CL)

First Premier Bank ($200 CL)

Orchard Bank ($320 CL)

Walmart Card ($300 CL)

Fingerhut/WebBank ($1450)

BillMeLater ($250)

Cap one pre paid? you mean secured? Well honestly get rid of Applied, and First Premier accounts imho. avoid all cards with huge fees. Get a few solid secured credit cards and call it a day. The money you'll save from a solid secured card over ones like First Premier and Applied Bank will be a lot. Especially if you carry balances.

Message 12 of 17
JayDilla
Valued Member

The First premiers are my oldest credit cards 4 and 5 years......hate to close them.

Starting Score: 452
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 715

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayDilla wrote:

The First premiers are my oldest credit cards 4 and 5 years......hate to close them.

You have much better cards now, no point in keeping cards imo that would do nothing but drag your finances down. If you want to keep them that's fine I guess, but I would prefer to use cards that doesn't charge outragous fees. Your scores will have little to no affect when you close them.

Message 14 of 17
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@JayDilla wrote:

Don't feel bad closing the account. This year I closed the following: FP '08, CreditOne '08

Before closing it, PIF all balances even from other account, that way, you won't be taking a hit on util.

Treat your GE Wal-Mart Credit Card well, it will help you get ahead. Not to mention free tu08 score. I know this from personal experience.

GE Wal-Mart starting CL 600, now it's sitting at 5k. 1 year and 4 months old.

Also, in the future when you get your score up, company like Amex will look at what cc you have. For instance, in September, I apped, got denied with Amex. I start reading the forum and close my FP account, luckily, my statement cut a week later and reported to CRA. In October after waiting 31 days (per amex), I apped with Amex again and got approved.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 15 of 17
JayDilla
Valued Member

Message 16 of 17
JayDilla
Valued Member

Thanks for the tips guys. I just got approved for the walmart card last week. I monitor my credit report through experian and equifax. This morning I noticed GEwalmart card was added to my report on those 2 CB's with a 0 balance. I'll take youre guys advise as well and close the first premier card.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.