Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other cards?

tag
elsijfdl
Contributor

Any other cards?

Let me know what you think of my current credit setup, I am wondering if there is another card that I am missing that would fill a gap:

Citi Dividend Platinum Select MC: For groceries, gas, convenience stores, etc - 2% cash back on these

Discover More: For current promotional categories (restaurants, movies, etc.) - 5% cash back on these

Amex Green: For all other purchases - Membership Rewards Program

Cap1 Visa: For any big purchases that I need to carry a balance on - 7.65% APR

Brooks Brothers GEMB MC: Sockdrawered/purchases at Brooks Brothers

Macy's Store Card: For credit mix purposes

Is there anything I'm missing? Do I have all bases covered? I don't frequently buy gas so a gas card is not really something I am interested in.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BabyBlue
New Contributor

Re: Any other cards?

I would think that 6 cards is enough, although I know some people on this board seem to carry much more. If I were you, I would just take good care of what you currently have. I have 3 individual and 1 AU; for me that's enough.

You have both bank and store cards so you should not worry about the credit mix. Do you have any installment loans? If you don't, then maybe you should consider an installment loan rather than another credit card.
Message 2 of 4
elsijfdl
Contributor

No installment loans, was thinking about taking one out and depositing the $ into a HYS account just to help my score.

So I'm not missing any cards that are good for specific categories?

I guess my logic was I have a card for:

Everyday purchases (Citi Dividend)
Entertainment/rotating (Discover More)
All PIF general expenses (Amex Green)
Big-ticket items (Cap One)

Which seems like I have about covered everything besides gas.

Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I agree with Baby Blue: you have a great line-up there, and it sounds like it works for you.

Many people here have a lot more cards because they started with weaker cards and had to slowly work their ways up. All your cards sound like keepers, though.

You are currently fitting the profile of the "FICO High Achievers" (thread linked in my siggy.) That should comfort you that you're on the right track! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.