cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reasin to keep First Premier and/or Credit One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any reasin to keep First Premier and/or Credit One?

I've done quite a bit of rebuilding over the past three years or so. I have a Cap One Quicksilver, Barclay Rewards, a Visa from our bank, Credit One, First Premier, and I was just approved for an Amex Everyday (10k limit). My husband has two Cap Ones (one is a quicksilver), Chase Amazon, USAA, and a Credit One.

There is no reason to keep the FP or Credit One cards, right? I was keeping them open to help our DTI while going for a mortgage, but we closed last month so that isn't necessary right now.

It would be better to close them right? All of them have a zero balance at the moment....
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any reasin to keep First Premier and/or Credit One?

Looks like you do not need them anymore.  Close them both.  You have moved on already.  Good job!

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 2 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've done quite a bit of rebuilding over the past three years or so. I have a Cap One Quicksilver, Barclay Rewards, a Visa from our bank, Credit One, First Premier, and I was just approved for an Amex Everyday (10k limit). My husband has two Cap Ones (one is a quicksilver), Chase Amazon, USAA, and a Credit One.

There is no reason to keep the FP or Credit One cards, right? I was keeping them open to help our DTI while going for a mortgage, but we closed last month so that isn't necessary right now.

It would be better to close them right? All of them have a zero balance at the moment....

Yes, get rid of them Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

I would say get rid of them now too. Your done with your closing that is awesome! you have much better cards to grow and establish yourself with. congrats on getting to where you are today! 

Message 4 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Cut them up, close them out, and move forward to your success!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bonzaii Microcut Shredder

Message 6 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes. Get rid of them.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 9
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Having a FP  and/or a Credit1 at the same time as having an American Express is sacrilegious! 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!

since the overwhelming response is to get rid of the cards, I will get rid of the cards. Smiley Happy It does feel good to be beyond the need for these types of cards.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.