Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recent Amex Approvals for new card?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Any recent Amex Approvals for new card?

Did any one apply and get a new Amex Card. If so what is your scores and what kind of card and credit limit did they give you.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Any recent Amex Approvals for new card?

I was approved around  12/15 for a Blue with $2000 CL.  My scores were EX 735, EQ 751, TU 760.  I honestly don't know who they pulled, but I'm suspecting EX since that's their modus operandi.
Message 2 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@SCF wrote:
I was approved around  12/15 for a Blue with $2000 CL.  My scores were EX 735, EQ 751, TU 760.  I honestly don't know who they pulled, but I'm suspecting EX since that's their modus operandi.

Congrats on your new card.. You have great scores. My scores are in high 600's now. Hoping to reach the 700 club soon.
Message 3 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Don't you have a Plat concord? I'm sure they'll approve you since you've had the Plat for a while.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
Don't you have a Plat concord? I'm sure they'll approve you since you've had the Plat for a while.

Yes, I had Platinum Card. I tried couple of times for other card and they keep declining me so I downgraded it to Gold Card and made my 16 year old daughter as AU and she is pretty much using it now. I dont have much appetite for another Amex Card. May be another 6 months from now I'll test the water and see how Amex is doing.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concorduser,

Congrats...............we wish u and your new born amex card all the best.

Exp=706 equ=619 tra=650 

Message 6 of 10
Equinox
New Contributor

I was approved for a Blue Cash with a 2k CL on 12/3.

I had 711 EQ / 740 TU at the time.

They also pulled all three reports.

Message Edited by Equinox on 01-05-2009 02:14 PM
Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

concorduser, you're not really being the moth fluttering back towards the AmEx flame, are you? Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
concorduser, you're not really being the moth fluttering back towards the AmEx flame, are you? Smiley Surprised

No. Not any more. I am done with Amex. I gave my card to my Daughter as AU and washed my hands off. It will be few more months or years before I touch Amex Card.
Message 9 of 10
notmyname
Regular Contributor

?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.