Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recos on which cc's to app for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any recos on which cc's to app for?

Okay- After a lot of repair, my credit scores are rehabbed up into the low to mid-700s, depending on which formula you're looking at. I rehabbed Amex and chase off of there a few months ago. I only have one open trade line-a secured card that I've used and kept a a zero balance for a few months now. Should I say the heck with it and go for regular prime cards or get some rebuilders, and if so, which ones? Thx in advance...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Any recos on which cc's to app for?

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay- After a lot of repair, my credit scores are rehabbed up into the low to mid-700s, depending on which formula you're looking at. I rehabbed Amex and chase off of there a few months ago. I only have one open trade line-a secured card that I've used and kept a a zero balance for a few months now. Should I say the heck with it and go for regular prime cards or get some rebuilders, and if so, which ones? Thx in advance...

It does mater which forumula you are looking at.  The only one that really matters is your FICO score.  I would recommend that you get your TU and EQ scores here and then you can see were your stand.  If you feel comfortable about posting them, we can help guide you to the correct CC.

I like CUs so if your qualify, I would look at a local CU.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

From myfico.com: TU:797 EQ: 710
Message 3 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

I would look at a local CU.  They are also good for autoloans and mortgages if you have a need for them down the road.  They are also usually cheaper to bank with.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Do you have any closed lines that are in good standing?  With those scores I wouldn't bother with rebuilders.  Prime cards should be doable it will just be low limits to start most likely.

Message 5 of 7
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

can you get in with navy federal credit union?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a closed bank of the west car lease, a first and a second mortgage with BofA, all three closed and paid as agreed.

I really want the delta skymiles Amex but since I did a Pfd with them a few months ago, not sure how receptive they'll be.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.