cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reports of Barclay Ring Auto CLI or SP CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any reports of Barclay Ring Auto CLI or SP CLI?

Well, I said I'd report back here either way, and my 12th statement cut yesterday and no auto love Smiley Sad Guess I should have used the card more--oh well, maybe it'll happen again at the 18th statement.

Message 21 of 39
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I said I'd report back here either way, and my 12th statement cut yesterday and no auto love Smiley Sad Guess I should have used the card more--oh well, maybe it'll happen again at the 18th statement.

Sorry to hear JustMe  Smiley Sad  Good luck & best wishes with the 18th statement, really hope that everything works out for you there in the future!

Message 22 of 39
silkysean
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@silkysean wrote:

Yes got an Auto credit limit increase from starting limit from $2,500 to $7,500 then called even thou I knew we had lowest Apr and asked about reduction told no and asked about Soft pull increase told no hard pull so said go ahead since my profile got stronger and whoooo Hoooo a new increase to $15,500 off transunion my highest score.We only put $2,000-$3,000 a month thru it always pay it down to a couple hundred $200-300 and let it sit cause even if we pay interest it's only on a couple hundred but with the ring card I'm at 8.25 % no biggie even only that n cash advances so this is our go to card for cash advances and for carrying a balance on larger purchases ! Love this card no rewards or perks but love the Lve they are showing in just  a little at or over 10 months.Have a friend they did same exact thing we did couple thousand let small balanc sit and they too were hugely rewarded with a auto increase of $4,500 and 4 months later another $1,500 putting them at $17,500 ! I pre ad the word to more friends wh just got it and will update if they too will be successful !

Wow, Sean, that is great to hear, and some really great progress you've made on this card! Very nice. Would you be kind enough to share your scores at the time of increases? Thank you Smiley Happy

Yes at time of increases 1 federal tax lien removed completely and 1 Bk 13 falling off converted to a chapter 7 after 2 years so set to fall in in 2 1/2 years from all reports 7 down 3 to go Lol and a time scores increased and I made low  700 club all around transunion 725 EX 715 EX 700.But f I had to say I would say deciding factor honestly was Due to high Income.High six figures per year.But only in credit game last 9 years.Always paid everything check or cash and didn't believe in credit cards 

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just reviving the thread from a few months ago to see if we can get additional data on any SP CLI or Auto CLI with the Barclay Ring card.

Please share, much appreciated! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 39
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Only had mine 3 months now so I'm not much help.  But I'll be watching this thread!

Message 25 of 39
elim
Senior Contributor

16 months, Same $5500 limit.  Had BRM for a year before Ring so, 28 month relationship. Same Open Tax Lien on TU as when I started.

Minimum use except for some deposited Convenience Checks (always paid off in a month or two).

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

My so has the ring with a 10k limit.  No CLIs ever.  Thinking that usinga a HP is probably not going to be a good idea because I have never seen anyone with a Ring have a limit above 15k.  Goal is to get the limit in the 20-30k range.

Message 27 of 39
minski
Established Contributor

Had mine since January. SL $10K. On the same day, I moved the limit over from my Apple Rewards card, and closed it so now $12,300. No changes to the limit. No surprised. I only use it maybe once a month (not even once a statement) for a small charge which I pay off fairly quickly. My current credit limit is adequate for me. 

Message 28 of 39
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My so has the ring with a 10k limit.  No CLIs ever.  Thinking that usinga a HP is probably not going to be a good idea because I have never seen anyone with a Ring have a limit above 15k.  Goal is to get the limit in the 20-30k range.

Mine is $20k. I think if I gardened for a few months, I might be able to get it higher by moving some limits over

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

I was asked by the OP to share my story with my Barclays Ring Card. My Ring was my first Barclays card. However I am well established with the credit world. I was solicited for the card in 2012 and was approved with $3,300 limit. This SL was very small to compared other bank cards I held. The Ring card came with an online commuity. Topics would be similar to MyFico but centered around Baclays and the Ring Card. The overarching theme was how low the limits were with Barclays compared to other cards. The community is made up of cardholders and some Barclays staff. Barclays staff would advocate that the increases would come usually within 6 months and accounts continued to be reviewed.   Nevertheless since it was new I used it quite a bit, mostly paying it off, but making some larger purchases and carrying the balance in some instances, because of the great APR.  It was 18 months after opening that they raised the limit to $4,500.  Still not very much compared to my other cards. From then I only used very rarely to keep it current and pay off the balance.  In 2016, after reading posts in My Fico about how Barclays tends to behave with CLIs I went ahead and did a BT for $700 and charged a hotel stay with it. Two months later they increased the limit to $8,500.   Again, still very low compared to other cards. I still carry that hotel stay and BT on it, but wil soon pay it off. In my humble opinion they are stingy and stodgy (too conservative), and not with the times. I think they tried to be a bit progressive with the Online Community 'thing' but still they are not with the 'current' like other banks. You can't beat the APR, but I need more wiggle room to be able to use it without impacting the card's utilization so heavily.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.