Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any special offers for the EDP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any special offers for the EDP?

All this buzz about the Amex Plat 100K is interesting. However, I was planning on getting an EDP for every day use and not just sign on bonuses or anything. I'm just wondering; do they have any better offers than the public offer of 15K points? I think I've heard of targetted offers of course, up to 25/30K, but how about a pseudo-public offer like Chrome Incognito/PRG trick to get those special offers? Is there a special URL for EDP that anyone's heard of?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any special offers for the EDP?

When I applied I got a year free Amazon prime plus I forgot how many points when you spent a few k with three months

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think so. The most I have ever seen for the ED or EDP is 25k points after 2k spend. The amazon deal is new to me. 100% have never seen or heard any incog offers for these cards only plat and prg.

EDP is a great card though if you think about it. Easy way to get 4.5 MR points on groceries, 3 on gas, and 1.5 on everything else, which effectively becomes 9% return on groceries, 6% on gas, and 3 on everything else, if you spend enough......

Message 3 of 7
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think so. The most I have ever seen for the ED or EDP is 25k points after 2k spend. The amazon deal is new to me. 100% have never seen or heard any incog offers for these cards only plat and prg.

EDP is a great card though if you think about it. Easy way to get 4.5 MR points on groceries, 3 on gas, and 1.5 on everything else, which effectively becomes 9% return on groceries, 6% on gas, and 3 on everything else, if you spend enough......

MR being worth 2 cents per point ... that's mainly on travel redemption, right? Plane tix and hotels? Otherwise MR is worth <1 cpp?

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The earning power of the EDP is definitely what attracts me to it. Especially the 4.5 on groceries and 1.5 on non-category, since those are some of my bigger spends...but the tiny sign up bonus and non waived fees are NOT attractive!!

Message 5 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@onstar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

MR being worth 2 cents per point ... that's mainly on travel redemption, right? Plane tix and hotels? Otherwise MR is worth <1 cpp?

MR's are worth alot more then 2 cents per point if used correctly from the research I have been doing if used poorly then like <.7 cpp.. So ya mainly airlines

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It also has a BT offer, 0% for 15 mos I think, not a huge bonus sign, earns more points than the Plat for sure. PRG has a 50k bonus right now and it earns points similar to the BCP

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.