cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any store cards that DON'T hard inq?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any store cards that DON'T hard inq?

Amazon credit is great! There is no annual fee and you have 6 months interest free on anything that cost over $149.00, 12 months interest free on anything over 599.00!  Also, you get free shipping on a lot of items.  

Message 11 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

hmmm... Where to start, this thread is a mess of info....

Walmart Store Card and Walmart Discover are both backed by GE and they both are going to be HP, they will consider first for the Discover and if not consider for just store card.  For less confusion a Store Card is still a credit card, it can just only be used at that store.  I know a few cards that would be considered Store "Charge" Cards but that is still a credit card just maybe no limit reporting or no reporting to credit reports, etc.

Best Buy is no soft, it's always going to be a hard pull.  Back before when you could chek pre-qual on Best Buy for the MC, that was soft and then if you got an offer and hit to continue and apply it would then do a hard pull.  Now they don't do the pre-Qual. it's just going to be a hard pull and I applied last month IN STORE and it was a HP.

WFFNB (Express, Victory Secret, etc.) are one of the view cards that I can think of that if you create an online account and start shopping and then make your way towards checking out, it will pop up "Pre-Approved/Qual." offer and if you select to take it, they still do not to HP but it will start to report to your Credit Report.

I forget if anything else... Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 20
annielorie
Valued Contributor

FYI I have been making an app spree list. Someone posted on thes boards about 2months or so ago that Bill Me Later has a notation that it wont effect your credit if you get HP'd Call 1-866-528-3733 and according to the poster the hard pull will be removed.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 13 of 20
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

FYI I have been making an app spree list. Someone posted on thes boards about 2months or so ago that Bill Me Later has a notation that it wont effect your credit if you get HP'd Call 1-866-528-3733 and according to the poster the hard pull will be removed.

I have a billmelater account.  It is great.  They HP when you apply.  I think the hard pull is from "webbank" or something like that.  After that it is an invisible line of credit.  Many purchases are no interest and no payments too, so I buy stuff, pay for it 6 months later, and it doesn't even have any effect on my util.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 14 of 20
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

That's really cool, what kind of CR and scores do you have to have to get it?  Are the requirements pretty easy IYO?

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 15 of 20
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I am not sure but after promo period 19.9% apr maybe yu could search for bill me later thread.

Message 16 of 20
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

That's really cool, what kind of CR and scores do you have to have to get it?  Are the requirements pretty easy IYO?

They pull EQ.  I don't remember what my score was when I was approved, but it was lower than it is now.  I am sure you would be approved with the scores in your sig.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 17 of 20
annielorie
Valued Contributor

From your lips to GODS (cc comapny) earsSmiley LOL

Message 18 of 20
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

I am not sure but after promo period 19.9% apr maybe yu could search for bill me later thread.

Promo period is all the time.  I bought something over 6 months ago 0 payments 0 interest.  Paid it on the sixth month.  Then I bought something again, 0 payments 0 interest again.  All invisible to the CRAs.

Message 19 of 20
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Like the fancy JP morgan private banking card NICE

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.