cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any succesful Victoria's Secret CLI? At all Before 6 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any succesful Victoria's Secret CLI? At all Before 6 months?

VS since July....no CLI yet.

+1^^^ posters on Rewards.  They do snail mail a lot of coupons.  Bulk order undies?  Winning. IMO their sweat/yoga pants are durable and stylish.  VS sweats and Uggs...token weekend combo Smiley LOL  

Calling this am since I'm over 6 months with card to check for CLI love.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. I need to do some major shopping, maybe I'll try to time it for an 'out of the garden' time. 

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to say,I didn't get my first increase until 6 months and that was a 400.00 increase.  You have to be very careful with a 150.00 CL.  You must pay it off every month or it has the potential to bring your score down.  Say you charge 100.00 (and that isn't buying much) and you pay 25.00 on your bill. Your balance is 75.00 which is 50% of your credit line.  Your credit score will be dinged for having the card at 50% utilization.  Your foot is I the door with them, but barely.  

The crazy thing about VS, they are tight with giving increases, but if you are on the website and purchase over your credit line, they will accept the transaction and ultimately raise your credit  limit a few dollars over the purchas amount, go figure!

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to say,I didn't get my first increase until 6 months and that was a 400.00 increase.  You have to be very careful with a 150.00 CL.  You must pay it off every month or it has the potential to bring your score down.  Say you charge 100.00 (and that isn't buying much) and you pay 25.00 on your bill. Your balance is 75.00 which is 50% of your credit line.  Your credit score will be dinged for having the card at 50% utilization.  Your foot is I the door with them, but barely.  

The crazy thing about VS, they are tight with giving increases, but if you are on the website and purchase over your credit line, they will accept the transaction and ultimately raise your credit  limit a few dollars over the purchas amount, go figure!

More than a few dollars in my experience. My credit limit was $250 and I bought a pair of UGG boots which went over my credit limit. They boosted my credit limit to $750. 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

More than a few dollars in my experience. My credit limit was $250 and I bought a pair of UGG boots which went over my credit limit. They boosted my credit limit to $750. 

They will raise you limit a few dollars over the transaction amount.  I too bought 2 pair of UGG and some yoga clothes and the transaction was 565 and they raised the credit line to 900.00.  At the time my limit was 500 and already had a balance.  With the transaction I was sitting at 877.00 and my limit was increased to 900.00.  Then at the 6 month window I got 400.00 more totaling 1300.00.  They will cover the transaction and rounded it up some.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They will raise you limit a few dollars over the transaction amount.  I too bought 2 pair of UGG and some yoga clothes and the transaction was 565 and they raised the credit line to 900.00.  At the time my limit was 500 and already had a balance.  With the transaction I was sitting at 877.00 and my limit was increased to 900.00.  Then at the 6 month window I got 400.00 more totaling 1300.00.  They will cover the transaction and rounded it up some.

interesting. the ugg boots only brought me to $400 something. I was surprised they raised me all the way to $750 from $250. edited to say I too had a balance,

Message 16 of 21
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had mine around 4 years. I don't think I ever asked for an increase, but it started around maybe $250 or $400 can't remember, and is now at $2,000.  They have been automated increases. I paid my balance off last month and received an increase from $1,250 to $2K.  I have more stuff than i need from that store, can't imagine needing much more of a limit Smiley Happy

Same here... Started $750 two years ago, just over $2k now. Half auto-CLI and half luv button. I don't think I've ever had a balance of much more than $300. Angels Forever (although I liked the older version better than the new gold-bordered version), and there's only so much room in the underwear drawer. Smiley Happy 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 17 of 21
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

lol this post reminded me I have $60 in GCs I need to spend there. I have had the card since Sept and have gotten total $120 in GCs since then. Not to shabby and I never carry a balance which is why I think they never increase me sigh.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had mine around 4 years. I don't think I ever asked for an increase, but it started around maybe $250 or $400 can't remember, and is now at $2,000.  They have been automated increases. I paid my balance off last month and received an increase from $1,250 to $2K.  I have more stuff than i need from that store, can't imagine needing much more of a limit Smiley Happy

Same here... Started $750 two years ago, just over $2k now. Half auto-CLI and half luv button. I don't think I've ever had a balance of much more than $300. Angels Forever (although I liked the older version better than the new gold-bordered version), and there's only so much room in the underwear drawer. Smiley Happy 

I like the old angel card as well. I had the pink glittery one when they upgraded me... And I was just... Ugh this card is so ugly. 

Message 19 of 21
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

I like the old angel card as well. I had the pink glittery one when they upgraded me... And I was just... Ugh this card is so ugly. 

I went through all three in about 4-6 months thanks to bonus points promos (and a seriously outdated lingerie drawer that needed a refresh). Less classy but it's not like I'm waving it around much. And to think they used to pretend to be British, too. Smiley Happy 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.