Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas

Any success stories of Cap1 EO increases with low usage?

Hi everyone,

In a few weeks it will have been 6 months since my last Cap1 increase.  I got a $500 increase last time by using the love button.  Since then, I've only used the card once or twice.  Ideally I'd like the limit to be at least $3k so I can use it more for everyday purchases that I don't get extra cash back on from my other cards, but the current $1250 limit doesn't really cut it for that!

Has anyone had any success getting the EO to increase their limit substantially even if the card hasn't been used much?  If not...I'll just hit that luv button again and settle for another paltry $500... :smileywink:

TU: 757 (12/14/14) | EQ: 778 (10/7/14) | EX: 770 (10/7/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $7,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/2013)
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Any success stories of Cap1 EO increases with low usage?

I use my CAP1's so can't say what they'll do with limited use 

However in recent weeks I have seen the EO tell people they couldn't justify larger limits due to limited use maybe 6-8 cases

YMMV of course but seems they have found an excuse and the plan is to use it in some cases.

I would still go the EO route vs the luv button

Good luck 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Super Contributor
longtimelurker

isoldmyatlas wrote:

Hi everyone,

In a few weeks it will have been 6 months since my last Cap1 increase.  I got a $500 increase last time by using the love button.  Since then, I've only used the card once or twice.  Ideally I'd like the limit to be at least $3k so I can use it more for everyday purchases that I don't get extra cash back on from my other cards, but the current $1250 limit doesn't really cut it for that!

Has anyone had any success getting the EO to increase their limit substantially even if the card hasn't been used much?  If not...I'll just hit that luv button again and settle for another paltry $500... :smileywink:

Yes, they gave me a CLI from $15k-20K on a card I used at most one a year.  It had no rewards so I didn't use it.  They added 1% rewards and it then went to quicksilver.  (And I had said I didn't need a CLI on this card, I wanted it on the one I really used.  But they gave me both anyway).

Valued Contributor
FinStar

myjourney wrote:

I use my CAP1's so can't say what they'll do with limited use 

However in recent weeks I have seen the EO tell people they couldn't justify larger limits due to limited use maybe 6-8 cases

YMMV of course but seems they have found an excuse and the plan is to use it in some cases.

I would still go the EO route vs the luv button

Good luck 

+1

Appears to be a YEMV situation as in most cases.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}