cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any successful Discover More/Discover Apps lately?

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Any successful Discover More/Discover Apps lately?

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you may have a chance but to make sure your information is correct on your Transunion report. You can sign up CreditKarma.com and it's totally free and they use Transunion credit agency. It gives you the entire picture of your TU credit report, from credit score to payment history and overal grades..

Why did they report baddies when account is closed? When I consolidated my students loan, all others are reported as consolidated and closed. Since you have a 3 years of payment history then you should have a chance for approve. To make sure everything is correct, check creditkarma.com, it's free and it's the best free credit info from Transunion.

CK has continued to improve its service and includes all sorts of handy info, it does not, however, give an entire picture of TU cbr.

CK doesn't include any acct or balance info for individual accts.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score_building:

OH yes it does include number current CC accounts you have and it's balance. You just have to look around it, because i found most of my stuff pop up in there..

CreditKarma provide me the entire picture of my TU credit profile..

Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if discover blacklists?  I have a CO from them in 1995 (yes, 15 years ago).  It's long gone from my credit reports. 

I haven't appd with them since but have always wondered what woudl happen if I did..... 

Anyone have experience with this?

Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

CardMaster:

Just applied, dont worry too much especially if it's over 15 years old. The least they would say No to your apps but I believe you have 99% chance of getting APPROVE if you have high credit scores...

Message 14 of 39
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Score_building:

OH yes it does include number current CC accounts you have and it's balance. You just have to look around it, because i found most of my stuff pop up in there..

CreditKarma provide me the entire picture of my TU credit profile..

It includes total number of accts and total balances-- it does not include INDIVIDUAL accts and balances.

Message 15 of 39
g35_ab05
New Contributor

Applied about a month ago, the pulled EQ (673) and gave me a $4k credit line. Last baddies were in 2007 and there were quite a few, totalling over 10 lates on closed accounts in the 30/60/90 day range. Needed to call in to verify address and phone, but was very happy with the approval. Nice to finally have a cc with cash back. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 651
Current Score: EQ: 664 | TU: 665 - 03/2010
                       EQ: 673 | TU: 681 | EX Plus: 663 - 05/2010
Goal Score: EQ: 710 | TU: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

score building:

Mine does include individual account balances, some are a bit behind in updating it. But mine show all accounts and its balance.

Message 17 of 39
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

score building:

Mine does include individual account balances, some are a bit behind in updating it. But mine show all accounts and its balance.

Geez,  I must have missed it somehow, thanks for the update CC101.

Message 18 of 39
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

Nice G35! Glad to see Discover wasn't too much the stickler...

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 19 of 39
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

CC101..I have no idea why Direct Loans reported that way..reporting seems so arbitrary that way...but I am trying to have that fixed, as the consolidated account is "pays as agreed" and no derogs...

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.