cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any successful Discover More/Discover Apps lately?

tag
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any successful Discover More/Discover Apps lately?

i was also approved today my score under 700 still got it with 2 bad account but still wondering credit going be ? lady on phone said 0 APR for 6 months Smiley Happy they pull EQ

>
Message 31 of 39
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

I got my denial letter today Smiley Sad The reasons they gave me for the denial is:

Length of time accounts have been established

% of balance to credit limit too high on revolving accounts

Too many inquiries last 12 months.

I will wait for a good while on all apping and just pay all bills on time then I guess try for the Discover card again. Hopefully next time they approve me, if not I guess its fate to not have the card. Smiley Tongue

Credit conscience!
Message 32 of 39
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i was denial 2 time already re apply in few months.

>
Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@michaels88369 wrote:

I got my denial letter today Smiley Sad The reasons they gave me for the denial is:

Length of time accounts have been established

% of balance to credit limit too high on revolving accounts

Too many inquiries last 12 months.

I will wait for a good while on all apping and just pay all bills on time then I guess try for the Discover card again. Hopefully next time they approve me, if not I guess its fate to not have the card. Smiley Tongue

Hi michaels,

Good strategy - Waiting on apping will address the "length of time accounts have been established" and "Too many inquiries last 12 months".  Can you share what your current AAofA is?

Now, to address the "percentage of balance to credit limit too high on revolving accounts" - what's your current utilization?  If you're willing to share that info, it will be helpful to other folks who are thinking of applying. 

Because all three of the factors listed are under your control, it's somewhat likely that you can change your "fate."

This card is on my wish list for next year, so I always love to know what they consider when they look at us wishful applicants.

Message 34 of 39
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

My currnet AAoA is just over a year. I do believe it is 1 year 2 months. My oldest account is 2 years 11 months. Im 21 so im pretty new to credit. My Uti is high as well becuase of unexpected expenses when my car broke down. It is right at 48% used. Hope this all helps for everyone, im in Florida and they pulled EQ.

Credit conscience!
Message 35 of 39
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

You will get back soon enough...seems like there is hope for everyone under 700 for a Discover Card, which is pretty cool...

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 36 of 39
danlaxx1
Established Member

I applied yesterday and was approved today for $1700. I'm not sure what they pulled but my EQ is 657 and TU is 683. I was denied for AMEX Zync a few days ago. I'm actually about to call them for a recon. Considering my credit history I'm pleased with $1700. I asked if they could go any higher but the CSR said that was all they can approve me for now but after 6 months of use I could apply for a CLI.

Message 37 of 39
Artzdelux
New Contributor

I recently applied and got approved for the Discover More card.  I had been receiving offers once a month for about 6 months now, and finally got myself in the position to apply.

I was given a $4K credit limit with 0% purchases 9 months and 0% BT with 4% fee (no minimum or cap) for 12 months.

They pulled Transunion.

My TU score is about 750.

I asked for a recon to a higher CL since I want to take advantage of the BT but I was told that was the highest they wer giving new customers and that I can apply for a CLI in 6 months.  The usual CLI is $1k-$2k.

Message 38 of 39
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Anyone recall the lowest scores they've seen get approved for Discover? Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Not planning to apply, just curious. Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.