Frequent Contributor
CreditCard101

Re: Any successful Discover More/Discover Apps lately?

Make sure they report correct..I guess you can apply for Discover More Card now.. Hope you'll get approve for it :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
ScarletFever

Thanks..I will report back all the info...

July 25, 2014: Trans Union-790, Experian-779; Equifax-774.

FAKOS, Aug 2014: Credit Karma-772; Credit Sesame-779; Credit.com-779.

AMEX EDP-15,000; AMEX BCP-11,500; US Bank Sig Visa-9000; Citi Diamond Preferred-7100; Citi Thank You-6500 Chase Freedom-6500 Discover Cashback Bonus-5700. Gardening until Jan 2014

Goals: 800's across the board; $100,000 in revolving credit. Eventually, compile enough cash to not care about credit scores.
Frequent Contributor
ladydi

CreditCard101 wrote:

I applied saturday 6/26 and was approved credit line granted $2.5k and was told 19.99% APR after intro rate..Geezus 19.99, scary isnt it?

I lived in Texas, Discover pulled Transunion, my credit score is over 700+, 8 inquiries but they are from 2009 and none in 2010.

If you are going to apply, i would recommend you to apply over the phone, have a chat with the rep and i believe the application is shorter than the one online.

Trust me!!..

i applied on the phone with a csr , she states  need to perform addictional  processing before they can give me a discision, what ever that means....

Contributor
michaels88369

I apped for the Discover More card 2 days ago and was declined, sending me further infor for the denial in 7-10 business days. Can't wait for my new Zync card to arrive though.

pabarney

I received two pre-approved offers in the last two months so I decided to apply after the second offer last month.  I called in and was instantly approved for the Discover More with a $4000 cl.  I don't know who they pulled but my scores are all in the high 600s.  I have one baddie from 2005 (late student loan payment). 

It has become my favorite card.  Their customer service is great.  I'd say apply.

Contributor
michaels88369

Since I was declined 2 days ago for idk what reasons, is there and chance I could call a backdoor number and get the decision over turned? I would even take a minimal limit just to be able to get in the door with Discover. If so does any one have any good numbers to someone who could get me in. Thanks Michael

Regular Contributor
Client9

I applied in May.  They pulled EQ and I was at 784 at the time.  Received a $6000 CL from them.  nothing bad on EQ report

Frequent Contributor
ladydi

ladydi wrote:

CreditCard101 wrote:

I applied saturday 6/26 and was approved credit line granted $2.5k and was told 19.99% APR after intro rate..Geezus 19.99, scary isnt it?

I lived in Texas, Discover pulled Transunion, my credit score is over 700+, 8 inquiries but they are from 2009 and none in 2010.

If you are going to apply, i would recommend you to apply over the phone, have a chat with the rep and i believe the application is shorter than the one online.

Trust me!!..

i applied on the phone with a csr , she states  need to perform addictional  processing before they can give me a discision, what ever that means....

update, didnt get the discover, but offer the hbsc direct rewards plantium card........i accepted it, it's an inq. anyway.

Valued Member
redwhisky

Whats was your score at the time?  If you dont mind.  Any baddies?

jdk
jdk

I applied and was approved this morning.  $2k CL.  I have a 90 day missed payment three years ago on a student loan from CFNC.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}