Frequent Contributor

Re: Any successful Discover More/Discover Apps lately?

Make sure they report correct..I guess you can apply for Discover More Card now.. Hope you'll get approve for it :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor

Thanks..I will report back all the info...

FICOS 2/1/2015:Trans Union-814, Equifax: 813, Ex-812; Post- 5-apps Spree 2/25/2015;TransUnion-803; Equifax-797; Experian-787. Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 803. CK:EQ-812; TU-804; Mint-790; CS-804
Total credit-$161,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-15,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa/Rutgers Alumni-9,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-8600; Citi TYP-7,200; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Frequent Contributor

CreditCard101 wrote:

I applied saturday 6/26 and was approved credit line granted $2.5k and was told 19.99% APR after intro rate..Geezus 19.99, scary isnt it?

I lived in Texas, Discover pulled Transunion, my credit score is over 700+, 8 inquiries but they are from 2009 and none in 2010.

If you are going to apply, i would recommend you to apply over the phone, have a chat with the rep and i believe the application is shorter than the one online.

Trust me!!..

i applied on the phone with a csr , she states  need to perform addictional  processing before they can give me a discision, what ever that means....

Contributor

I apped for the Discover More card 2 days ago and was declined, sending me further infor for the denial in 7-10 business days. Can't wait for my new Zync card to arrive though.

I received two pre-approved offers in the last two months so I decided to apply after the second offer last month.  I called in and was instantly approved for the Discover More with a $4000 cl.  I don't know who they pulled but my scores are all in the high 600s.  I have one baddie from 2005 (late student loan payment). 

It has become my favorite card.  Their customer service is great.  I'd say apply.

Contributor

Since I was declined 2 days ago for idk what reasons, is there and chance I could call a backdoor number and get the decision over turned? I would even take a minimal limit just to be able to get in the door with Discover. If so does any one have any good numbers to someone who could get me in. Thanks Michael

Regular Contributor

I applied in May.  They pulled EQ and I was at 784 at the time.  Received a $6000 CL from them.  nothing bad on EQ report

Frequent Contributor

ladydi wrote:

CreditCard101 wrote:

I applied saturday 6/26 and was approved credit line granted $2.5k and was told 19.99% APR after intro rate..Geezus 19.99, scary isnt it?

I lived in Texas, Discover pulled Transunion, my credit score is over 700+, 8 inquiries but they are from 2009 and none in 2010.

If you are going to apply, i would recommend you to apply over the phone, have a chat with the rep and i believe the application is shorter than the one online.

Trust me!!..

i applied on the phone with a csr , she states  need to perform addictional  processing before they can give me a discision, what ever that means....

update, didnt get the discover, but offer the hbsc direct rewards plantium card........i accepted it, it's an inq. anyway.

Valued Member

Whats was your score at the time?  If you dont mind.  Any baddies?

jdk

I applied and was approved this morning.  $2k CL.  I have a 90 day missed payment three years ago on a student loan from CFNC.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.