cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any sucess with GE Capital EX office for walmart card ?

tag
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

Any sucess with GE Capital EX office for walmart card ?

I got denied for a walmart card and tried to recon with every number i could find and everyone said no possible way to over ride the denial once it's made..I was thinking about writing to the EX office and see if i could get approved by them..At this point i dont have nothing to lose..Has anyone around here tried this and if so did you have any success ?

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Any sucess with GE Capital EX office for walmart card ?

I've not read about anyone reconning a GE denial. Walmart has pretty lenient criteria. You probably need to wait and read what the letter gives for your denial and then address those issues.

Do you have any baddies? What's your FICO? They gave me my first 2 rebuilders (walmart and old navy) when I had virtually no credit. They started with low CLs, but they've grown nicely. I'm thinking there must be something on your CR that caused denial that you need to deal with before they'll approve you.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

GE is one company that analyst can't overturn a auto denial so my guess is that mandate comes directly from the EO per Walmart's criteria

Sorry for the denial but just wait for the letter and based on that see what you can improve on for an approval

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 5
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

I do have some late payments from a student loan but nothing has been late the last 17 months...Do have a couple new  credit card accounts thatsx 2-3 months old and also had a small auto loan of $5000 that just reported..I guess i was shot down due to the new accounts and student lates Smiley Sad

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

GE is one company that analyst can't overturn a auto denial so my guess is that mandate comes directly from the EO per Walmart's criteria

Sorry for the denial but just wait for the letter and based on that see what you can improve on for an approval

+1

OP - Just garden what you have and try again when those factors on your CR/profile, etc., improve.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.