cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips and tricks for Discover CLI's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any tips and tricks for Discover CLI's?

spending has nothing to do with it....I have seen people with Fico scores 40 points lower than mine getting 5K dollar CLI....It's fine, discover isn't that great and I have better cards and will reward them with my business....I have a very good income and could run a lot through that card.... 

Message 41 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

spending has nothing to do with it....I have seen people with Fico scores 40 points lower than mine getting 5K dollar CLI....It's fine, discover isn't that great and I have better cards and will reward them with my business....I have a very good income and could run a lot through that card.... 

You don't know that and you aren't understanding what I said.  It could very well have to do with profiles.  Scores are just a product of a particular profile.  There are an infinite combination of profile factors that could all yield the exact same score, but those factors could be viewed differently by a creditor.

Spend may not matter to Discover on Joe's profile but it does on Tim's.  Perhaps Joe and Tim both have very similar profiles, except Tim has an income that is 4X that of Joe's.  Perhaps Discover would want to see a greater spend from Tim since his income is greater.  Maybe Joe can spend $300/mo but Discover wants to see Tim spend > $1000/mo based on his profile (one factor here being income).

There are a ton of gray areas when discussing credit; it's definitely not a black or white thing.

Message 42 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Joes' hereSmiley Wink
Message 43 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got about 2 weeks ago a $1500 from Disco. In Feb I had run a lot through it and pif. 

Message 44 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got about 2 weeks ago a $1500 from Disco. In Feb I had run a lot through it and pif. 

Right.  When running $1500-$2000 through mine month after month I was getting CLIs (about $4k) month after month.  When that slowed down someone suggested I try putting a small spend through it, so I went with just $89 one cycle and received $0 for a CLI after that cycle.  This month I brought my spend back up to $2500 and will be requesting a CLI tomorrow.  If I get it, it would lead me to believe that a larger spend on my account based on my profile yields better CLI results. 

Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS please post what happens. 

Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

BBS please post what happens. 

Will do for sure.  I just hope that this "bug" or whatever that people are talking about with respect to Discover 3-5 day messages (and all denials) doesn't ruin my datapoint here.

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.