Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for this profile?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any tips for this profile?

I'm sure this has happened to people before, I constantly feel like there is always a card I'm missing out on that's better worth growing than what I have or that it's easier to cli, my goal is to be able to carry big balances and not so much about points and rewards which kinda contradicts itself when you look at the list below, I'm perfectly ok staying put and growing what I have into five digits before my next apps, but I'm curious to know what decisions you would take at this point.

Discover 11.9k
Citi Double Cash 5.2k
BoA Cash 6k
Penfed PLOC 5k
Amex BCE 3k
Freedom 3.5k
Quicksilver 3k

FICO 8: EQ 725 TU 730 EX 721
Util: 5%
Inqs last 12: EQ 0 TU 1 (cli) EX 1 (bce june)

I must say I was very disappointed with Amex, the PRG is my oldest card and it was my everyday card for a while too, and then they only approve the blue cash for 1k when disco was already at 10k+? I app'd for the every day right after and it also gave me 1k... what a real waste of the 3x. My next move is to spend a HP on Penfed promise visa and cli the ploc while I'm at it and that should give me a nice boost unless theres something better to do?

Drawer:
Amex PRG
Amex ED 1k
*Comenity Total Rewards 2.5k
*Comenity Sportsman's Guide 2.5k

*definitely reading the wrong post lol

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any tips for this profile?

When I began building, I was only in 3 digit land. My goal was to land CLs into 4 digit land. Now that I've achieved that, I want most of my primes in 5 digit land.
Looking @ your portfolio, you're pretty set! You don't need much more to do anything else, you have not already done. You've got it! Chill out.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure this has happened to people before, I constantly feel like there is always a card I'm missing out on that's better worth growing than what I have or that it's easier to cli, my goal is to be able to carry big balances and not so much about points and rewards which kinda contradicts itself when you look at the list below, I'm perfectly ok staying put and growing what I have into five digits before my next apps, but I'm curious to know what decisions you would take at this point.

Discover 11.9k
Citi Double Cash 5.2k
BoA Cash 6k
Penfed PLOC 5k
Amex BCE 3k
Freedom 3.5k
Quicksilver 3k

FICO 8: EQ 725 TU 730 EX 721
Util: 5%
Inqs last 12: EQ 0 TU 1 (cli) EX 1 (bce june)

I must say I was very disappointed with Amex, the PRG is my oldest card and it was my everyday card for a while too, and then they only approve the blue cash for 1k when disco was already at 10k+? I app'd for the every day right after and it also gave me 1k... what a real waste of the 3x. My next move is to spend a HP on Penfed promise visa and cli the ploc while I'm at it and that should give me a nice boost unless theres something better to do?

Drawer:
Amex PRG
Amex ED 1k
*Comenity Total Rewards 2.5k
*Comenity Sportsman's Guide 2.5k

*definitely reading the wrong post lol

How about Barclays?
Barclays is my fav CC bank
your list of banks is very similar to mine
don't forget to ask for SP CLI at least every year for Citi and Discover

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay is great with apple rewards

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I ask you how you worked the Freedom up to 30k or was that your SL? How fast does Barclay CLI? Discover has been weird with me, my SL was 5k then they more than doubled me up with an auto CLI but refuse to do any SP CLI always asking if they can HP which I dont mind spending on them, last one yielded $1500

How about Barclays?
Barclays is my fav CC bank
your list of banks is very similar to mine
don't forget to ask for SP CLI at least every year for Citi and Discover

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask you how you worked the Freedom up to 30k or was that your SL? How fast does Barclay CLI? Discover has been weird with me, my SL was 5k then they more than doubled me up with an auto CLI but refuse to do any SP CLI always asking if they can HP which I dont mind spending on them, last one yielded $1500

Chase is one of my oldest card I have it uesd to be Cash rewards where I got 5% on Gas, groceries and drugstore
they  gave me $800 starting limit in 2006 LOL
and I remember I got it up to around $4000 couple of years after with SP and auto increase
then Chase sent me an offer if I spent like $1500 in 3 month they'd raise my limit to 8k
I was banking with WF at the time, and WF was very easy with my soft pull CLIs, so I got WF up to 15000 in few years with no HP what so ever
so then I called Chase Credit Dept and asked to match my WF limit
so they did that from 8k to 15k
and I left it there for the longest time and once I got my other cards limits to 20k-25k
I called the Chase Credit Analyst and told them I wanted 30k because many of my other cards are at 25k, so they did
This is how I did this most of the time I always called them and tell them to match my other highest limit Card
when I applied for GMcard  3 years ago, they approved me for 15k, so I called them and asked them to match my WF card highest limit at the time 25k so they did
In my experience, Big banks usually will match other banks if you put them on the spot

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I'm definitely gonna try this, such a discrepancy between my Disco and everything else... that would be huge

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

also Always app for lower APR card becase APR stays with you when you PC or Bank decides to pull the rewards and put you in different program
if you stay long enough you can PC your low APR card into good reward card
thats how my older cards have low APR, and whenever you speak to CS for anything always ask for APR reduction offer you never know

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's very true most people overlook that myself included, good exchange token

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.