Did you mean: 

Any tips on asking for a recon?

tag
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any tips on asking for a recon?

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@WallyxD wrote:

I think I may just do that. And I don't mind at all, my income is 8900. Cashiers don't make a lot as I'm sure everyone knows haha.

With that I do not see why they could not at least give 500 or 1000.

Citi does accept community colleges, and they did not ask for any verification when I applied for my little brother. Discover did ask  for a receipt of tuition payment, class schedule, or something like that to be able to approve it. I do not know if they accept community colleges, because with them I had to type in the college name. Citi has a drop down list after you select the state and city.

See, the fact that even you agree that I should get some type of limit makes me happy. I'll give them PNC a call first thing tomorrow morning. And I'll take a further look into the Citi Forward. Do you happen to know how they are with recons?

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 11 of 13
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

You should do a live chat with a rep for Discover and ask, there is no harm. Also they do offer the new IT card for students

I recommend a live chat. You not only do you get to "speak" with someone in real time, you also get it all in writing. I like to repeat myself as well ("I just want to make sure X happens. I don't want to do this unless X happens. Let's go ahead and do this as long as X happens.") That way you're clear with whoever you're speaking with (because "x" is always the same) and they are consistent in their answer. 

I have to say I like Bank of America. I've been with them since I was in high school. It isn't my main bank or credit card but they're will to work with you. I have a 120 day late with them back in 2008 and they gave me a new card in 2011 with no issues. They've also been more than will to give me CLIs. The only downside is a CLI is a hardpull so I'm not bothering anymore (or at least right now because I'm not desperately seeking credit and I personally don't see the need--right now--for having 40k worth of credit). 

You can also do a live chat with them, and they'll do what you want, as long as your account is in good standing (my checking account has always been in good standing, my first CC with them, not so much although I paid it off as soon as I realized I was 120 days late). 

You can get a student card with points, cash rewards, or even an EMV chip for travel. 

PCing with them is also easy. I just PC'ed to their new Travel Rewards card (with the EMV chip) because AMEX doesn't offer for my BCE and I'm not in the mood to appy for a platinum. 

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 12 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:

See, the fact that even you agree that I should get some type of limit makes me happy. I'll give them PNC a call first thing tomorrow morning. And I'll take a further look into the Citi Forward. Do you happen to know how they are with recons?

I remember back in 2009? I applied multiple times and all were declined. The first time was for lack of history, even though I had a Macy's card. The lady said they wanted to see some real history for at least two years. Another time I asked my mom to do a joint application with me, since her credit is excellent. Again, declined, because loan balances too high. She had just gotten a new vehicle loan, and all the times I applied they said the decision was final. This may have been when they were issued by Elan Financial Services, though. I did not have to speak to an underwriter when I applied last year as it was instantly approved.

A while back, someone posted about talking with a PNC underwriter, so they may have changed their stance on reconsiderations. Good luck and if you can actually talk to someone, I am sure you will get at least a small limit.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.