cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to change design on BoA 123 Cash Rewards?

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Any way to change design on BoA 123 Cash Rewards?

I've had the BoA 123 Cash Rewards card for almost two years now and I keep having people mistaken it for a debit card.  It's kind of annoying and I know they are making that mistake because of the card design.  Does anyone know if there's any way to change the card design on it to something more distinctive?  Thanks.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Any way to change design on BoA 123 Cash Rewards?

@lithium78 wrote:

I've had the BoA 123 Cash Rewards card for almost two years now and I keep having people mistaken it for a debit card.  It's kind of annoying and I know they are making that mistake because of the card design.  Does anyone know if there's any way to change the card design on it to something more distinctive?  Thanks.

Haven't seen anything on the website that would indicate that one can change design.  Looks to me like most of the cards have the same "look" to them.  Not sure what you mean by looking like a debit card because of the card design. There are some Speciatly cards that you could probably inquire about a PC to, that have a different look.

Message 2 of 7
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

when i got the cash rewards card last Sept, i wasn't asked (offered)  to choose a design, which makes me think there aren't any design choices available for that card.

you can always ask Smiley Happy

( if you are able to change the design, please let us know!)

Message 3 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@thom02099 wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

Haven't seen anything on the website that would indicate that one can change design.  Looks to me like most of the cards have the same "look" to them.  Not sure what you mean by looking like a debit card because of the card design. There are some Speciatly cards that you could probably inquire about a PC to, that have a different look.

Not a bad suggestion. I have one that supports my Alumni Association, and it has a different look. Other than the affinity cards, I don't believe that they offer any additional designs.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 7
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

You can try http://www.walla.by/ "The Wallaby Card is one card to rule them all. Carry just one card and maximize cash back rebates, merchant discounts, frequent traveler rewards."

I've never tried it and probably would never, but if it works. Could be cool.

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 5 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

Not a bad suggestion. I have one that supports my Alumni Association, and it has a different look. Other than the affinity cards, I don't believe that they offer any additional designs.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/view-all-credit-cards.go  There's a variety of cards to choose from, beyond the regular BofA look

Message 6 of 7
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

The Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards card has the different look you're going for and it helps a good cause!
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.