Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get BofA to PC?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Any way to get BofA to PC?

Seems like the CSR answers are all over the place. For data points, I got a $3k auto CLI on a Platinum Plus in March and a quick 2 minute phone call (and 2 week wait to get the card) later, I did a PC to Travel Rewards sometime in the summer.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey K,

Great point, and Congratz!

In this case, the gentleman is trying to PC a secured card, and is a bit short of your accomplishments with your annotated credit lines in your Signature.

Best Wishes!!!

BoA Americard Platinum = $500 CL, $0 AF (partially secured, no deposit given) = opened May 2016

K-in-Boston wrote:
Seems like the CSR answers are all over the place. For data points, I got a $3k auto CLI on a Platinum Plus in March and a quick 2 minute phone call (and 2 week wait to get the card) later, I did a PC to Travel Rewards sometime in the summer.
Message 12 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Ahhh that explains more. I viewed and replied to this thread on my phone. Assuming that the info you wrote above is in the desktop signature. All I see on the phone in his/her post is "today i went into another BofA branch to try to PC my Bankamericard to the Bankamericard Travel Rewards card ."
Message 13 of 18
wilmer007
Contributor

Bankamericard Travel Rewards is one of the only travel cards that has $0 AF and $0 FTF thats the only reason why i still give BofA chance after chance. I even called today amd the CSR told le to call on monday to speak with a Credit Analyst about PC and SP CLI. After monday im pretty much done with BoA of they dont do one of the two things. The card has already been SD in my wallet for months since my money prefers to go to Chase and AMEX instead.

*****|$15,200|********|$13,500|***********|$5,000|*********|$25,000|***********|$500|
Highest Scores: Transunion 08: 821 | Equifax VantageScore 3.0: 780 | Experian 08: 804 | gardening until May 2018 or longer.
Message 14 of 18
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

BoA TR is my daily driver. With the Preferred Rewards bonus, it is a 2.625% cash back card with limited redemption options.  Without the PR bonus, it isn't anything special.  It is just 1.5% cash back with limited redemption options. A Cap1's QS is 1.5% with no AF/FTF and much easier redemption options.  You can request a PIN for the BoA TR card, but I wouldn't call it a travel card.

If you have a secured card, you have to wait for the card to graduate.  You can't PC the card until it does so.  About all they allow you to do is to add the 321 rewards to the card.  Once it graduates it shouldn't be difficult to convert it to the TR.  The big issue normally is getting them to drop the AF. 

Message 15 of 18
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Maybe it's time to think outside of the big bank box and take the blinders off???

BOA is just a big bank and doesn't care one way or another what your preferred card is.  If a bank doesn't want to do what you want them to do you have to actually take action and not just talk abut it.  When they're as massive as the big 5-6 banks are they really could give a crap about your business as you're just another line item entry like the other millions of people they have on the roster.  

There are plenty of other lenders out there matching or beating the "rewards" they're offering and will treat you better in the long run.  Some people go to the big banks because they're popular or have tons of branches everywhere.  Well, a CU can do that and more with share branching they blow all of the big banks out of the water.  They provide more personal service and work with you when you have a change on the mind or reduce your APR as your scores go up.  

Just tell them to SHOVE IT! and move onto something better.

Message 16 of 18
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

Maybe it's time to think outside of the big bank box and take the blinders off???

BOA is just a big bank and doesn't care one way or another what your preferred card is.  If a bank doesn't want to do what you want them to do you have to actually take action and not just talk abut it.  When they're as massive as the big 5-6 banks are they really could give a crap about your business as you're just another line item entry like the other millions of people they have on the roster.  

There are plenty of other lenders out there matching or beating the "rewards" they're offering and will treat you better in the long run.  Some people go to the big banks because they're popular or have tons of branches everywhere.  Well, a CU can do that and more with share branching they blow all of the big banks out of the water.  They provide more personal service and work with you when you have a change on the mind or reduce your APR as your scores go up.  

Just tell them to SHOVE IT! and move onto something better.

Agreed! Theres always other options.  I do like BOA. I know I could just as well be posting on here one day about them doing something I take exception with. However, I always conduct myself in a respectful manner and thank whomever I'm dealing with for their time; for the simple reason you catch more with hunny and respect than vinegar and anger. You don't want a "customer was unhappy" notation popping up a bunch in your file. "Unhappy" is corporate speak for screaming lol.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 17 of 18
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I had a BA card associated with my college alum union. It was an AmEx card with WorldPoint and I did not use it for several years. Then I realized that the BA changed it to a more standard Visa Cash Reward card. So I called BA and asked to see if I could PC the AmEx card to the new Visa card. The answer was YES and just needed the approval from the alum union. So after about 10 days, it was changed to the new Visa. The account number changed, but the credit history remains the same. I was very happy about it.

Now I have two Cash Rewards cards. I may want to close one and open a new card. Maybe I can move some of the existing credit. This is the plan.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.