cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to make Discover update balances reported to CRA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any way to make Discover update balances reported to CRA?

I made a payment at Sears for my Discover, and it took a couple of days to post and ended up posting AFTER the statement closing date. So instead of 0, I now have a big balance reported, and this is a problem because I'm about to shop for refinancing, not to mention the scary possibility of adverse action on my other cards. Smiley Mad So I called Discover, and the CSR didn't even understand my question the first time, and then told me that they report balances every 30 days, and I just have to wait.

So, FICO forum experts, is there anything I can do or any number I can call  to cause Discover to update balances reported to CRA?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Any way to make Discover update balances reported to CRA?

They always update with a granted CLI request, but that won't help you with a refinance in the works.  I think they pull hard for customer initiated CLI's now, and I don't think you'd want an inquiry just now.

Wait for others to chime in here, maybe they can help.  Sorry, that's the best I can do.

P.S.  I think I'd call again, ask them to update your report because of the payment on the large balance.  Tell them about the refi, and why an update right now is important.  Maybe that'll work.

Message 2 of 3
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any way to make Discover update balances reported to CRA?

Next time make the payment online before 5PM. It will be posted to your account on the same day.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.