cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any1 Try Asking Credit Card Company what their Score Was?

tag
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Any1 Try Asking Credit Card Company what their Score Was?

After applying to Citi, the lady was xtra friendly, told me my APR and all other small details even before getting the card.  She was xtra friendly, and im thinking about calling her back.

I also ask them before they pulled my credit what score theyd pull and the guy told me Experian with no hesitation.

Im thinking of calling back and talking to the sweet lady and asking if she can tell me my Experian Score. 

Tell her im trying to make sure you guys are seeing the same score that im seeing, because I like to keep up with my credit, as I purchase alot of items, and will help make Citi lots of money off of me. Smiley Very Happy

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
IMCUTE2
Contributor

Re: Any1 Try Asking Credit Card Company what their Score Was?

I called Citi as well because I received my card with no score attached like I have with all my other cards since the scores are supposed to be revealed with every application.  I was told to check my credit report.  They aren't able to see that information.  Hope this helps and keep me posted.  I spoke with a representative yesterday.

HAPPY SHOPPING Smiley Very Happy

FICO08 TU 785 EQ 763 EX 744 as of 05/06/15 GOAL 800+ ALL 3 BY 2016
Message 2 of 5
MrShush
Valued Contributor

IIRC, companies will provide scores if the applicant is denied or approved for terms that are anything but the best offered. I added 2 AMEX and 2 Chase cards this year and never received a score. If an issuer is providing a score otherwise, it may be a courtesy.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrShush wrote:
IIRC, companies will provide scores if the applicant is denied or approved for terms that are anything but the best offered. I added 2 AMEX and 2 Chase cards this year and never received a score. If an issuer is providing a score otherwise, it may be a courtesy.

+1

I apped and was approved for my 4th AmEx 10/2/11 and they sent me a letter Congratulating me and in that letter it provided me with my EX FICO that they used in part for determining my approval, first time AmEx or any CCC for that matter has sent me my score.

I can tell you this tho, they will NOT tell you your score over the phone, it would have to be in writing (a letter) if they so choose to send you one, you can call and ask Citi to please send you a letter providing you with the FICO Score they used in part for determining your creditworthiness.

Best of Luck!

Message 4 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

You can try.  I don't know about Citi specifically, but people have reported success with asking other lenders to give them their scores after an application.  Or sometimes, when the person won't give the exact score, giving them some hint, like it's above 760 or something to that affect.  But the likelihood is that they will not tell you. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.