Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any1Apply for FNBO Platinum Ed Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any1Apply for FNBO Platinum Ed Visa

i just applied for First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO) for their easiest card to obtain which happens to be their Platinum Edition Visa.

I got a 4-6 week notice upon applying. What to make of it? call them?

was it worth burning up the inquiry.

If you wait for your report to be completely clean before adding tradelines, you are missing out on half of the rebuilding process. Inquiries are part of (re)building credit.

If you don't occasionally burn an inquiry to add new credit, you end up with a portfolio of crappy Comenity cards.          

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any1Apply for FNBO Platinum Ed Visa

@Anonymous wrote:

i just applied for First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO) for their easiest card to obtain which happens to be their Platinum Edition Visa.

If you wait for your report to be completely clean before adding tradelines, you are missing out on half of the rebuilding process. Inquiries are part of (re)building credit.

If you don't occasionally burn an inquiry to add new credit, you end up with a portfolio of crappy Comenity cards.          

FNBO is not typically an instant approval, I got their AMEX card a few years ago with pre app offer and still received a 30 day notice, the next morning the approval was waiting in my email inbox. I would give them a day or two then give UW a call. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FNBO is not typically an instant approval, I got their AMEX card a few years ago with pre app offer and still received a 30 day notice, the next morning the approval was waiting in my email inbox. I would give them a day or two then give UW a call. Good luck Smiley Happy

+1

They take their time and usually have an underwriter review apps.  They might have a CSR call you if they have a question.  They're a good one to get in for the monthly EX score.

Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you live in their area or did you just cold app? 

FNBO tends to deny those that either don't live in their area or have not received a invitation

They also do manual review of all apps so it could be like everyone said 1-2 days or longer depending on the review

Mine took about 6 hours to approved but I apped like 6am and I had an Pre-approval/invite 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 10
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

typically they they do a manual review of all requests, not overly hard to get, and they are quite friendly with auto-CLI's. I have the Discover version. started at 6k CL, now at 14.9k  in two years. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNBO Declined my app for their Platinum Visa card.

I just found out online via email.

Recon? I m in Texas and not from their area of OMAHA.

I guess i was not invited to apply and i did cold app.

Message 6 of 10
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

was being outside of service area the reason for decline or something on your reports? usually FNBO will approve for secured products if score is 550+ and for unsecured if fico is 600+. They always pull EX. You don't have to live in Omaha to get approved but they do service a handful of states and have banks/operations in those states under a different name. Work on your scores and re-apply in 6 months or try for secured and wait for it to convert.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just checked online and found out the decline. CreditSesame score is 669 and MyFico EX is 611.

They have first national bank of texas which is sub to FNBO. I wanted to apply for their easiest card to get however without pre-approval i shouldn't have applied.

Do they check ChexSys for secure cards? will they consider this same app for Secure Card?

Message 8 of 10
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i just checked online and found out the decline. CreditSesame score is 669 and MyFico EX is 611.

They have first national bank of texas which is sub to FNBO. I wanted to apply for their easiest card to get however without pre-approval i shouldn't have applied.

Do they check ChexSys for secure cards? will they consider this same app for Secure Card?

Sorry for the denial to bad you did not mention your score before app.  I would of told you to hold off for now since your ex fico is 611.  Do you know what your other scores are.  In the future I would just use places like CreditSesame to get an idea of what your report might look like like Inq, baddies.  I wouldn't rely on their score to be a determining factor on whether you should apply for a card or not.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Havent got the denial letter from FBNO, but i called to Reconsider and said the decision was based strictly on my FICO score. It did not meet their criteria of issuing a credit card at this time. You can apply 6 mos down the road but it wont be re-considered.

The FICO EX score last i learnt was 611.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.