cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody Else Ever Requested Special Offer For Their Credit Card? The Response

tag
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody Else Ever Requested Special Offer For Their Credit Card? The Response

@DI wrote:

LOL.  I didn't expect them to give me that offer.  My credit is excellent, so an AA is very unlikely.  Even if they had gave me that offer, I wouldn't have any account to transfer a balance to the card.   It was suggested by other members to not do a BT with my remaining car loan.  

You must like to live dangerously.  If you didn't expect them to give you that offer, and really didn't need the BT option, I just don't see the point of exposing yourself to a financial situation like that.  What was to be gained?  You probably won't suffer any adverse affects but the antenna of State Farm have been raised and now pointing in your direction.  I'm old fashioned and it reminds me of this poem:

Trouble
    by David Keppel

Never trouble trouble
    Until trouble troubles you;
For you only make your trouble
    Double-trouble when you do;
And the trouble — like a bubble —
    That you're troubling about,
May be nothing but a zero
    With its rim rubbed out. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody Else Ever Requested Special Offer For Their Credit Card? The Response

I tried the same thing for a few of my cards and get the same response. HSBC Discover being 1 and after reading the email I called and canceled the card. But it did work with Us Bank.
Message 12 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I tried the same thing for a few of my cards and get the same response. HSBC Discover being 1 and after reading the email I called and canceled the card. But it did work with Us Bank.

HSBC never wants to do anything for those Discover accounts. They seem to be a dead end.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Watchmann wrote:

@DI wrote:

LOL.  I didn't expect them to give me that offer.  My credit is excellent, so an AA is very unlikely.  Even if they had gave me that offer, I wouldn't have any account to transfer a balance to the card.   It was suggested by other members to not do a BT with my remaining car loan.  

You must like to live dangerously.  If you didn't expect them to give you that offer, and really didn't need the BT option, I just don't see the point of exposing yourself to a financial situation like that.  What was to be gained?  You probably won't suffer any adverse affects but the antenna of State Farm have been raised and now pointing in your direction.

I agree 100%, but SFB rarely will AA an account.  I diffently wouldn't try that with other institutions such as Chase, BOA, or HSBC.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.