Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody Got 2 WAMU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody Got 2 WAMU

I got a preapproved from WAMU for a pretty good BT deal. Already have one WAMU that was originally Providian. When doing the online app they decided they would wait and tell me later. Probably a denial but I wanted to know if anybody has two from WAMU?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody Got 2 WAMU

Hi kasowell. I have 2 Wamu cards. One was a Providian conversion to WaMu, the other a new card, the one with the 0% BT thing until January 2009, then 9.99%. It's by far my highest cl card I have.

I received the pre-approval offer in the main Oct.2. I sat on it for a day or 2, trying to decide if I should apply or not. I gave in and did. I called it in on the phone. Was told it would take up to 30 days to process(JUST to process). Received the card on Oct.11(with a nice $6,500 cl. Merry Christmas! lol)

They DO take their time in deciding. Don't get discouraged. My scores at the time I applied:

TU: 676(a FAKO score)
EXP: 665 (FAKO score
EQ: 633(FICO score)

Oh the stories I could tell about the Providian card! The oldest card I have. But it's been a rocky road with them, to be sure. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kasowell, I also recently received a new Wamu card...have had my old Providian/Wamu card for about 3 years. I accepted online after receiving 4 pre-approved apps in the mail in a 2 week time frame....was told it would take 7-10 days for approval. I received the new card about a week later along with a statement that the bank transfer I had requested at time of application had been completed. So, don't worry..."7-10 day" does not necessarily mean denial.BTW...They did a hard pull on TU...my PFICO from the Providian site at the time was 736.
I loved Providian...in less than 3 years I received automatic CLIs several times...my CL went from original $2000 to $12,500. Wamu gave me $3500 on the new card....anyone know how generous they are with CLIs?

Good luck to you!

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 11-11-2007 04:35 AM
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

^
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

VEEnVEGAS wrote:
I accepted online after receiving 4 pre-approved apps in the mail in a 2 week time frame....was told it would take 7-10 days for approval.

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 11-11-2007 04:35 AM

That reminds me of CapOne.  I literally was getting four apps a week four months in a row...I finally got the sucky card and I'm still getting apps.
Message 5 of 9
Niki9
Regular Contributor

I have 2 WAMU

first was PROV
and then when they changed to WAMU the offered me the other cards

At the time they were my highest cl
$3000 and $4000

I did bt's on both .... at the time I had a cash call loan (highest intrest rate ever but did not have the scores when I needed them the most) that I bt'd

I was paying min or a little more and have never gotten a cli.

I just paid one of them off last month and did a bt to my new seamiles card

I am hoping they will up the limit now.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just told me APPROVED for 4000.00. I really wanted the BT with 0% so I could close some God awful credit card with 32% interest.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

32% interest??!! YIKES!!! You deserve 0% interest for awhile...good move and congratulations!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic kasowell! A great cl!

I know what you mean about the obscene interest rates. I have them on most of my really old, old cc's that I was either over the limit, or got a 30 day late on.

The interest rate thing, has lessened in importance since I now PIF on those, and get no interest charges on the statements.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.