Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 320
Registered: ‎05-17-2011
0

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?


CS800 wrote:

mmduluth wrote:

CS800 wrote:

mmduluth wrote:

Good question. I think just over 2 years. I got my first auto CLI from 2k to 3k two months ago. That was a long wait but I love the card.


So you called customer service and asked the if you could PC or you got a message from them offering you the PC?


I got a message saying that I could product change to the Sapphire. I asked if I could just upgrade my Freedom to a Visa Sig and they said no. Yesterday before I apped for the Sapphire, I called and asked if they were offering a PC for any particular reason and the rep I spoke to was actually very blunt and said that Chase is marketing the Sapphire pretty hard and they are trying to get current customers to switch over. Apparently, if you have a Freedom you can PC.

 

The only thing is, she said that if you have the Freedom (which has no annual fee) you can't PC to the Sapphire Preferred until you've had it for over a year because the Card Act will not allow it. I say if you're looking to product change, just send them a secured message. They will answer all your questions through there and they are usually really fast about it. Most of mine were less than an hour.


Good info. I will wait until my Freedom ages a bit

 

Now a PC is a soft or hard pull?


That was my first question. The answer I was given was that a PC is always a soft. They only do hard if asking for CLI or apping for a new product.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?


mmduluth wrote:
That was my first question. The answer I was given was that a PC is always a soft. They only do hard if asking for CLI or apping for a new product.

Very nice !




Frequent Contributor
Posts: 320
Registered: ‎05-17-2011
0

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?


CS800 wrote:

mmduluth wrote:
That was my first question. The answer I was given was that a PC is always a soft. They only do hard if asking for CLI or apping for a new product.

Very nice !


It certainly is. I just wish that a CLI wasn't a hard pull. I use my Chase card wayy more than I use any of the others so that's unfortunate.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Established Contributor
Posts: 825
Registered: ‎12-28-2011
0

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?


mmduluth wrote:

dyv8914 wrote:

Is the plain Sapphire also Visa Signature or just the Sapphire Preferred?


I haven't gotten mine yet, but they gave me a choice of Visa Sig or World MC so I guess they are both the same. The only difference is

 

1. The preferred has metal in the middle that makes it heavier than a normal card

2. You get 2x points on Travel expenses

3. Some kind of annual dividend on the amount of points you've accumulated throughout the year.


Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to know! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 320
Registered: ‎05-17-2011
0

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?


dyv8914 wrote:

mmduluth wrote:

dyv8914 wrote:

Is the plain Sapphire also Visa Signature or just the Sapphire Preferred?


I haven't gotten mine yet, but they gave me a choice of Visa Sig or World MC so I guess they are both the same. The only difference is

 

1. The preferred has metal in the middle that makes it heavier than a normal card

2. You get 2x points on Travel expenses

3. Some kind of annual dividend on the amount of points you've accumulated throughout the year.


Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to know! Smiley Happy


Just in case I wasn't clear, I got the regular Sapphire. Not the preferred. I don't travel enough to make up for the annual fee, but I eat at enough restaurants and fast food places to where that 2x points on dining is going to be great.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,491
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?

It doesn't seem like Chase still offers the Freedom Signature Visa.


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?


drkaje wrote:

It doesn't seem like Chase still offers the Freedom Signature Visa.


I looked also and couldnt find it mentioned. Are signature visa by invitation only?




Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,257
Registered: ‎07-18-2009
0

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?


CS800 wrote:

drkaje wrote:

It doesn't seem like Chase still offers the Freedom Signature Visa.


I looked also and couldnt find it mentioned. Are signature visa by invitation only?



I just got a Chase Freedom Siggy last month! When I opened a checking account they offered it along with the other Sapphire cards. The freedom looked like the best deal.


I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?


cashnocredit wrote:

CS800 wrote:

drkaje wrote:

It doesn't seem like Chase still offers the Freedom Signature Visa.


I looked also and couldnt find it mentioned. Are signature visa by invitation only?



I just got a Chase Freedom Siggy last month! When I opened a checking account they offered it along with the other Sapphire cards. The freedom looked like the best deal.


So the siggy is by offer only?




Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,491
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?


CS800 wrote:

cashnocredit wrote:

CS800 wrote:

drkaje wrote:

It doesn't seem like Chase still offers the Freedom Signature Visa.


I looked also and couldnt find it mentioned. Are signature visa by invitation only?



I just got a Chase Freedom Siggy last month! When I opened a checking account they offered it along with the other Sapphire cards. The freedom looked like the best deal.


So the siggy is by offer only?


I may wait until August. My Freedom will be a year old.


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.