cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?

I have a Chase Freedom with 5k limit, and would like to PC to a Sapphire Preferred.  My wife is using this card for all of her work expenditures and averaging about 2k a month, most of it outside the Freedom 5% bonus categories.  I'm thinking it will be worth the AF to get the extra cashback perks, plus neat to get a metal card.

How do they treat AU's?  Is it two AF's or one?  Has anyone here done a successful PC like this, and what was your credit like?  Can you get the bonus points with a PC, or is it just new apps?

Thanks...

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody PC from Chase Freedom to Sapphire Preferred?

I can't answer your question regarding PC. However, I just added my daughter as AU and there is no additional fee for AU. I think only AMEX corners that market.

I did not think you could get bonus with PC, but it will be interesting to see if someone did. Sorry I can't help more.

Message 2 of 32
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I have read on another forum that you can PC your Chase Freedom Signature over to the Chase Sapphire Preferred. However, you may not get the signup bonus...unless you received an invitation code for the upgrade.

Message 3 of 32
CS800
Super Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

I have read on another forum that you can PC your Chase Freedom Signature over to the Chase Sapphire Preferred. However, you may not get the signup bonus...unless you received an invitation code for the upgrade.

What about a regular freedom to eh Sapphire Preferred?

Message 4 of 32
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

What about a regular freedom to eh Sapphire Preferred?

Once you bring your Freedom up to $5K or higher CL...you will have more PC options with Chase...say if you want a Sapphire or Sapphire Preferred. You want your Freedom to be a Sig or Chase will shoot you down w/the PC. Lots of ppl don't like Chase, for the simple fact they are really strict with CLI and PC.

I wish all banks are like Amex.....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 32
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@CS800

Since you are in with Chase...use the Freedom card and wait 6months or 1yr down the road...app for the Sapphire Preferred to get the signup bonus. I am pretty confident you will get it. GL.

Message 6 of 32
CS800
Super Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@CS800

Since you are in with Chase...use the Freedom card and wait 6months or 1yr down the road...app for the Sapphire Preferred to get the signup bonus. I am pretty confident you will get it. GL.

Yes i was thinking about maybe getting the Sapphire Preferred sometime in 2013. This way I would have established a good history with Chase.

But would i be able to PC the Freedom if i wanted?

Message 7 of 32
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@CS800

Yes i was thinking about maybe getting the Sapphire Preferred sometime in 2013. This way I would have established a good history with Chase.

I think you'll be fine. I got my Freedom in 2008 and got my Sapphire Preferred in 2011. The signup bonus just came up for the CSP in early 2011 so I would think it's going to be around for a while.

Message 8 of 32
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'm curious about a PC in August but don't know if losing the occasional 5% back is worth the upgrade to a higher tier in Chase's eyes. Sure, it's a better looking card but may not suit my needs more than Freedom.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 32
CS800
Super Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@CS800

I think you'll be fine. I got my Freedom in 2008 and got my Sapphire Preferred in 2011. The signup bonus just came up for the CSP in early 2011 so I would think it's going to be around for a while.

Ok i will keep this in mind. Thanks for the heads up

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.