cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else never sent a new Walmart/Walmart Discover ?

tag
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Anybody else never sent a new Walmart/Walmart Discover ?

It seems the most recent approved cardmembers likely got the new design. How about the rest of you who have been a carrier of a walmart card for a while ? I thought we would all get one, but i certainly never did. I actually decided to ask for a replacement online when i recently saw their CC payment page now reflect the new CC designs. 

They actually overnighted the card which put me in awe, pretty neat. The Discover version is very cool looking with a bit of a prepaid card look to it Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Anybody else never sent a new Walmart/Walmart Discover ?

@AF_23 wrote:

It seems the most recent approved cardmembers likely got the new design. How about the rest of you who have been a carrier of a walmart card for a while ? I thought we would all get one, but i certainly never did. I actually decided to ask for a replacement online when i recently saw their CC payment page now reflect the new CC designs. 

They actually overnighted the card which put me in awe, pretty neat. The Discover version is very cool looking with a bit of a prepaid card look to it Smiley Surprised

I had to ask for mine as well, they told me they automatically sent them which was not true.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

I had to ask for mine as well, they told me they automatically sent them which was not true.

So much for that Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Had my card for a year, a couple months ago they sent me the new card, didn't ask for it, don't really care for its looks but oh well, its what they want, perhaps I will ike the orange one better if they decide to upgrade me to discover version someday, but I really don't like orange but am not going to turn it down. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 7
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Had my card for a year, a couple months ago they sent me the new card, didn't ask for it, don't really care for its looks but oh well, its what they want, perhaps I will ike the orange one better if they decide to upgrade me to discover version someday, but I really don't like orange but am not going to turn it down. 

Interesting you got one. Sunset yellow/orange. The color fades from a yellow (left) to dark orange (right)which is kinda nice, so its not a one off color orange if thats what you're thinking. 

Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

Interesting you got one. Sunset yellow/orange. The color fades from a yellow (left) to dark orange (right)which is kinda nice, so its not a one off color orange if thats what you're thinking. 

I really want an upgrade!!!! Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

I really want an upgrade!!!! Smiley Mad

Have you asked for an upgrade ? I had an old wally that i cancelled, but i came back a few months ago and my newer Discover was approved with a 690ish TU score IIRC. Sadly your scores are likely good enough to close and reapply and get approved for it lol. Hopefully they upgrade you soon

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.