cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody ever received a CLI because of their B-day?

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Anybody ever received a CLI because of their B-day?

I'm thinking about sending Cap 1 an email asking for a CLI for my b-day tomorrow.  Sounds cheesy, but they won't budge at any other request.  Probably this request either. 
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Anybody ever received a CLI because of their B-day?

No.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, but once I did get a CLI after I sent them a letter about how I got this one girl's number and deserved a great reward for being so cool.
Message 3 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:
I'm thinking about sending Cap 1 an email asking for a CLI for my b-day tomorrow.  Sounds cheesy, but they won't budge at any other request.  Probably this request either. 

Happy Birthday!!!  Go ahead & ask... Not only for your b-day, but for those lovely 700+ scores too!!! Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Happy Birthday, DI!

Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

DI wrote:

Shoot, might as well be declined for this reason as for any other.

Happy birthday!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

if you mean is it a good excuse to give it another whirl:  why not?

it was a new app not a cli request but i was approved for one of my largest CL on my bday this year.  no doubt it was most likely a coincidence even though i preferred to view it as a gift, lol

i didn't expressly ask them for a bday gift approval and wouldn't recommend it...  this was my last app in a cu mini spree and low and behold odds appeared to be against approval but ended up with highest initial CL of the spree.  it sure seemed like a great gift!  

the thing with cap 1 right now is that there is reportedly a moratorium on customer initiated cli, they claim not to be considering them for any reason at this time.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for the B-day wishes.   Cap 1 isn't going to give me a CLI.  They want me to apply for another card.  I've told them many times, I do not want to have more than one Cap 1 card.  The CSR left a memo on my account to be considered to have the card converted during my next credit review.  I hope my new BLUE AMEX card come today.
Message 8 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

i know what you mean.  i haven't bothered to app to combine my cap1 for a highr CL yet (i may never since i am not a fan of their triple inq policy) but it seems like the only way to 'graduate' from one of their starter cards.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.