Super Contributor
DI

Anybody ever received a CLI because of their B-day?

I'm thinking about sending Cap 1 an email asking for a CLI for my b-day tomorrow.  Sounds cheesy, but they won't budge at any other request.  Probably this request either. 
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Anybody ever received a CLI because of their B-day?

No.

Valued Member
Cryostasis

No, but once I did get a CLI after I sent them a letter about how I got this one girl's number and deserved a great reward for being so cool.
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

DI wrote:
I'm thinking about sending Cap 1 an email asking for a CLI for my b-day tomorrow.  Sounds cheesy, but they won't budge at any other request.  Probably this request either. 

Happy Birthday!!!  Go ahead & ask... Not only for your b-day, but for those lovely 700+ scores too!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay

Happy Birthday, DI!

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

DI wrote:

Shoot, might as well be declined for this reason as for any other.

Happy birthday!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
score_building

if you mean is it a good excuse to give it another whirl:  why not?

it was a new app not a cli request but i was approved for one of my largest CL on my bday this year.  no doubt it was most likely a coincidence even though i preferred to view it as a gift, lol

i didn't expressly ask them for a bday gift approval and wouldn't recommend it...  this was my last app in a cu mini spree and low and behold odds appeared to be against approval but ended up with highest initial CL of the spree.  it sure seemed like a great gift!  

the thing with cap 1 right now is that there is reportedly a moratorium on customer initiated cli, they claim not to be considering them for any reason at this time.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Super Contributor
DI

Thanks everyone for the B-day wishes.   Cap 1 isn't going to give me a CLI.  They want me to apply for another card.  I've told them many times, I do not want to have more than one Cap 1 card.  The CSR left a memo on my account to be considered to have the card converted during my next credit review.  I hope my new BLUE AMEX card come today.
Senior Contributor
score_building

i know what you mean.  i haven't bothered to app to combine my cap1 for a highr CL yet (i may never since i am not a fan of their triple inq policy) but it seems like the only way to 'graduate' from one of their starter cards.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+