Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody ever recon 0% interest terms?

tag
01mommy
New Contributor

Anybody ever recon 0% interest terms?

Morning!  I applied for the Discover More primarily because of the 15month 0% interest terms, but when I called to ask about checks for balance transfers, the rep said I had only 6months at 0%.  I didn't make an issue of it because I figured I'd wait until I got the card and terms in hand to see exactly what I was working with.  Let's say she was right...anybody ever recon to get the advertised terms (especially with Discover) and what was the outcome?  Thanks!

Starting Score: 564 on 3/15/12
Current Score: 665 on 7/14/12
Goal Score: 675 by 9/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody ever recon 0% interest terms?

Give it a try. Companies (Chase comes to mind) can be generous when it comes to matching terms from another promotion for the same product. If you have the promo, call and recon. Can't hurt, right?

Message 2 of 9
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

@01mommy wrote:

Morning!  I applied for the Discover More primarily because of the 15month 0% interest terms, but when I called to ask about checks for balance transfers, the rep said I had only 6months at 0%.  I didn't make an issue of it because I figured I'd wait until I got the card and terms in hand to see exactly what I was working with.  Let's say she was right...anybody ever recon to get the advertised terms (especially with Discover) and what was the outcome?  Thanks!

Did you specifically apply for 15 month 0% APR?  There site is very confusing as you can configure multiple perks you would like (e.g. longer promotional APR, lower annual APR, Cash Back, etc.).  It might be that you got a lower annual APR with a shorter promotional APR.  Changing the promotional APR might then result in a higher annual APR.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 3 of 9
01mommy
New Contributor

That's the thing, I thought the 15mos was what I applied for...I didn't change anything at all. Once I go over everything, I'll definitely call about the advertised terms if it's not what I expected.

Message 4 of 9
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

usually if you apply for the terms that is offered you are given them if you are approved for the card

amazon
Message 5 of 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I've called Discover back when I was approved in March. I called right away after the approval to try to change the 6 month 0% + $150 cash to no 0% + $200 cash. But they told me that once I've been approved for those terms, I cannot change it.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tsquad131 wrote:

usually if you apply for the terms that is offered you are given them if you are approved for the card

That's what I thought, too! 

Message 7 of 9
01mommy
New Contributor

That's the thing...I thought that's what I applied for. At this point I have no way of recapturing the terms/conditions screen from the app...I'm just gonna wait and see and call if I have to...the worse they can say is no!

Message 8 of 9
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@01mommy wrote:
That's the thing...I thought that's what I applied for. At this point I have no way of recapturing the terms/conditions screen from the app...I'm just gonna wait and see and call if I have to...the worse they can say is no!
It could just be your profile didn't meet the criteria for the terms you applied for and that was their counter-offer. Good Luck with your recon.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.