cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

I have a couple of questions for anybody who has graduated from Citi secured card:

did they offer any choice of card i.e Platinum select, Forward etc? did the new account retain history from the secured card? was there a significant difference b/w secured CL and unsecured CL? did they do a hard pull before unsecuring? how long did it take for Citi to send the new card? lastly, how long after graduating to unsecured were you able to get accepted for Citi-backed store cards (macys etc)?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

anyone have  opinion?

i believe creditaddict could answer this post

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny part is, this is about the only topic that never yields any replies, ever. I've already tried other boards LOL!

Message 3 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

anyone have  opinion?

i believe creditaddict could answer this post

sorry I was denied for citi Secured

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

about macys etc,

i think you dont need to wait to apply, macys easy to get, but apply in the store like all poster said, at least you got 100 bucks

good luck

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this card for three years and it has not unsecured yet. They want TU scores over 680 to unsecure i was told and they want no unpaid baddies. ALSO they do a hard pull after the 18 months to see about unsecuring and then if they do not they will do a hard pull everyone year to see about unsecuring. So becareful about that if you are trying to watch you inquiries. They are also bad about not letting you increase your limit. However when I got the card the Interest on the CD was 4% which has made me 60 bucks

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

about macys etc,

i think you dont need to wait to apply, macys easy to get, but apply in the store like all poster said, at least you got 100 bucks

good luck

You cant get a Macy's card (or any citi-backed unsecured card) if you already have secured card with Citi..

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had this card for three years and it has not unsecured yet. They want TU scores over 680 to unsecure i was told and they want no unpaid baddies. ALSO they do a hard pull after the 18 months to see about unsecuring and then if they do not they will do a hard pull everyone year to see about unsecuring. So becareful about that if you are trying to watch you inquiries. They are also bad about not letting you increase your limit. However when I got the card the Interest on the CD was 4% which has made me 60 bucks

Thanks a billion for the valuable info! I infer from your post that Citi graduated your card after three years (correct?), now I want to know if they offered you choice of product at graduation i.e Platinum select, Forward, blah blah blah.

Message 7 of 15
LEXiiON
Valued Member

Mine hasn't graduated yet (it is due Oct 11) but i recieved a CLI 2 months ago...

so now it is a partly unsecured Smiley Wink

LEXiiON

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LEXiiON wrote:

Mine hasn't graduated yet (it is due Oct 11) but i recieved a CLI 2 months ago...

so now it is a partly unsecured Smiley Wink

LEXiiON

...and your APR should be 18.xy% right?

catch my drift?

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

No my card isn't unsecured yet! This march when they pull my credit I am pretty confident that it will be.

I also didn't know they did the partially secured cards that is a good thing to know.

As for the interest yeah like all credit card they raised the interest on this one. It was 14.9% when I got it

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.