Reply
Established Contributor
ifinet
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

[ Edited ]

I have a couple of questions for anybody who has graduated from Citi secured card:

 

did they offer any choice of card i.e Platinum select, Forward etc? did the new account retain history from the secured card? was there a significant difference b/w secured CL and unsecured CL? did they do a hard pull before unsecuring? how long did it take for Citi to send the new card? lastly, how long after graduating to unsecured were you able to get accepted for Citi-backed store cards (macys etc)?

 

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Established Member
newcard
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎08-13-2010
0

Re: Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

[ Edited ]

anyone have  opinion?

i believe creditaddict could answer this post

Established Contributor
ifinet
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

Funny part is, this is about the only topic that never yields any replies, ever. I've already tried other boards LOL!

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,043
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

 


newcard wrote:

anyone have  opinion?

i believe creditaddict could answer this post


sorry I was denied for citi Secured

 

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Member
newcard
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎08-13-2010
0

Re: Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

about macys etc,

i think you dont need to wait to apply, macys easy to get, but apply in the store like all poster said, at least you got 100 bucks

good luck

Established Member
Cbateman1
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎03-31-2010
0

Re: Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

I have had this card for three years and it has not unsecured yet. They want TU scores over 680 to unsecure i was told and they want no unpaid baddies. ALSO they do a hard pull after the 18 months to see about unsecuring and then if they do not they will do a hard pull everyone year to see about unsecuring. So becareful about that if you are trying to watch you inquiries. They are also bad about not letting you increase your limit. However when I got the card the Interest on the CD was 4% which has made me 60 bucks

Established Contributor
ifinet
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

 


newcard wrote:

about macys etc,

i think you dont need to wait to apply, macys easy to get, but apply in the store like all poster said, at least you got 100 bucks

good luck


 

 You cant get a Macy's card (or any citi-backed unsecured card) if you already have secured card with Citi..

 


Cbateman1 wrote:

I have had this card for three years and it has not unsecured yet. They want TU scores over 680 to unsecure i was told and they want no unpaid baddies. ALSO they do a hard pull after the 18 months to see about unsecuring and then if they do not they will do a hard pull everyone year to see about unsecuring. So becareful about that if you are trying to watch you inquiries. They are also bad about not letting you increase your limit. However when I got the card the Interest on the CD was 4% which has made me 60 bucks


Thanks a billion for the valuable info! I infer from your post that Citi graduated your card after three years (correct?), now I want to know if they offered you choice of product at graduation i.e Platinum select, Forward, blah blah blah.

Established Member
LEXiiON
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎05-25-2010
0

Re: Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

Mine hasn't graduated yet (it is due Oct 11) but i recieved a CLI 2 months ago...

so now it is a partly unsecured :smileywink:

LEXiiON


Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
ifinet
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

 


LEXiiON wrote:

Mine hasn't graduated yet (it is due Oct 11) but i recieved a CLI 2 months ago...

so now it is a partly unsecured :smileywink:

LEXiiON


 

...and your APR should be 18.xy% right?

 

catch my drift?

Established Member
Cbateman1
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎03-31-2010
0

Re: Anybody had their Citi secured graduated already?

No my card isn't unsecured yet! This march when they pull my credit I am pretty confident that it will be.

 

I also didn't know they did the partially secured cards that is a good thing to know.

 

As for the interest yeah like all credit card they raised the interest on this one. It was 14.9% when I got it


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}