cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody have Amex Blue? If so, credit score and limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody have Amex Blue? If so, credit score and limit?

I want to eventually get this card but my fico score is only 634 at the moment so I won't get approved for it. Although, I'm curious what kind of score I would need. I have already looked on whogavemecredit.com but there wasn't a whole lot of people who got that card. I know my friend just applied for one and his score is like 720ish and he got a 15k limit with a 4.99% apr for life. Thanks guys
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anybody have Amex Blue? If so, credit score and limit?

I applied for the delta Skymiles with a 620 Experian which is the cr that got hit with the amex inquiry and got instantly approved for a $1000 cl. After receiving the card in the mail I got the Skymiles converted to the blue. The small cl is because of a large charge off that I currently have on my reports
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are going to want a 680+ EX score, baddie free for 2 years, no BK to app direct for this card.

As the other poster stated - low to mid 600's you can get a Delta Sky Miles and convert it.  I personaly like the miles of the Delta card over the rewards of the Blue. I also have a Green so I am in the Membership Rewards not the Express version.

Pretty sure that "4.99% for life" is on BT's only. 
APR for purchases and future BT's is 4.99%, 5.99%, 8.99% or 10.99% plus PRIME.

Also payments go the the lowest APR- so if you use a BT offer, you need to be aware.  

0% introductory APR for up to 15 months
4.99% fixed APR on balance transfers for the life of the balance
No annual fee
Membership Rewards Express(SM) program
Flexibility to pay over time
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy, when you say "baddie free for 2 years," do you mean no baddies on your report for at least 2 years?  Or that the most recent baddie on your report must be at least 2 years old?

I have a 673 EX score with my oldest baddie being about 5 years old.  Had a 693 yesterday (set to go up when the CCCs posted the remainders of my PIFs), but it went down this morning when my S/L posted.  Seems I made the mistake of paying them off early.  Hmph.

What are my chances of getting the Blue, or even the Green card? TIA.

Message Edited by mrsfoofyfoo on 01-03-2008 06:19 AM
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read my post on the other thread.

Wait for them to update - you should be golden when your score rebounds.

mrsfoofyfoo wrote:
Timothy, when you say "baddie free for 2 years," do you mean no baddies on your report for at least 2 years?  Or that the most recent baddie on your report must be at least 2 years old?

I have a 673 EX score with my oldest baddie being about 5 years old.  Had a 693 yesterday (set to go up when the CCCs posted the remainders of my PIFs), but it went down this morning when my S/L posted.  Seems I made the mistake of paying them off early.  Hmph.

Message 5 of 17
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Timothy,  when you mention "no BK when you app direct for this card"  what does this mean?  Do ALL AMEX cards get denials w/ BK on reports?  Or, are you saying to call them and talk to someone to get approved if you have BK?  TIA
takin' it one day at a time
Message 6 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Amex Blue, EX at 687, CL @ $7,500, December 2007

EX now 730+, so salivating about a CLI  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my understanding AMEX is not BK friendly under 7 years.

I have heard of people slipping under the radar.

sunrise wrote:
Timothy,  when you mention "no BK when you app direct for this card"  what does this mean?  Do ALL AMEX cards get denials w/ BK on reports?  Or, are you saying to call them and talk to someone to get approved if you have BK?  TIA

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!!!

You mods must get annoyed at all the anxious newbies.  I appreciate the input.  Smiley Wink

Timothy wrote:
Read my post on the other thread.

Wait for them to update - you should be golden when your score rebounds.

mrsfoofyfoo wrote:

Message 9 of 17
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

I will just have to keep things sqeeky clean until I hit the 7 years mark and give it a whirl!!
Thanks, Timothy!!!
takin' it one day at a time
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.