Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody have Sallie Mae MC as World MC?

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Anybody have Sallie Mae MC as World MC?

I've noticed several people with CLs over $5K that only got a Platinum MC instead of World. Does the World MC of this card actually exist?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Anybody have Sallie Mae MC as World MC?

I have this card, and mine is a World MC.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 7
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Yup, I got approved for WMC at $5k CL and I'm waiting for this card in the mail. I assume you are referring to this one?

https://www.salliemae.com/landing/WorldCreditCard/

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 3 of 7
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@heyitsyeh wrote:

Yup, I got approved for WMC at $5k CL and I'm waiting for this card in the mail. I assume you are referring to this one?

So they actually tell which version you got approved for?  Cool.

What were your profiles like when you both applied?  Debt-to-income?  Multiple car loans?

Message 4 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

@heyitsyeh wrote:

So they actually tell which version you got approved for?  Cool.

What were your profiles like when you both applied?  Debt-to-income?  Multiple car loans?

I just applied (for my wife) and it just says "Approved"   But when you set up an account it shows the CL.  Her account, with a CL of $12,500 shows an icon of the World version.  Will confirm when the card actually arrives.

Message 5 of 7
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

I was looking for another card, and after seeing this post, applied for the Sallie Mae card and was approved for 10K.  Yay....

TU Fico 708.

AA0A  5 yrs.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 6 of 7
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

I'm still a college student with no income, and I don't have my scores on hand but I've been slowly building credit with about 30% util on the two cards you see on my profile over 5 years.

AAoA: 3 years

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.