Reply
Valued Contributor
p-
Posts: 2,539
Registered: ‎06-05-2008

Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

Just did a nifty exec dance with Capital One and achieved the elusive soft Credit Limit Increase.  I also asked to be product changed to the Cash Rewards Visa Signature card, but am not sure if that's exactly what I'm getting.  My CL is 10k now, my rewards include the 50% bonus, and there is a new card coming in the mail, but I was so excited that I forgot to ask her if I was getting the Visa Sig card.  Der.  

 

So, while I wait for the postman, is there anything to the Signature benefits?  Have any of you actually used them and for what?  How does it compare to the Amex?  I read the benefits guide but nothing really jumped out at me as something I had to have, except travel upgrades would be nice.

  2-13-14: FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765 - AVG: 762 - +212 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Valued Contributor
mxp114
Posts: 1,350
Registered: ‎09-01-2011

Re: Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

The official Capital One Visa SIgnature portal has details: http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/lp/visa-signature/

Valued Contributor
p-
Posts: 2,539
Registered: ‎06-05-2008

Re: Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?


mxp114 wrote:

The official Capital One Visa SIgnature portal has details: http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/lp/visa-signature/


Yeah, I saw that but is it really that good?  It promises hotel upgrades but doesn't list them...  just a booking site.    It says there will be entertainment exclusives but the only one on there now is a fandango discount.  It has a few restaurant discounts and a winery deal, but nothing impressive...  Have you ever taken advantage of anything nifty with your signature cards?  Nice wallet, BTW.

  2-13-14: FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765 - AVG: 762 - +212 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Frequent Contributor
somnipotent
Posts: 367
Registered: ‎06-02-2008

Re: Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

I don't feel that that the VisaSig adds anything more than what I already have with AMEX.  


AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Valued Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 2,769
Registered: ‎12-11-2011

Re: Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

Visa sig will add NPSL to your card (anything over your limit must be PIF by that months due date), and will also add a few other benefits which will probably come with your card in a packet (if you got the siggy version). Cap1 siggys + world MCs DO report their limits afaik btw. 

 

If they don't automatically send you the siggy just call up regular CS and ask em for it. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

 

Congrats on your CL. 

Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 1500CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Valued Contributor
p-
Posts: 2,539
Registered: ‎06-05-2008

Re: Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?


jsucool76 wrote:

Visa sig will add NPSL to your card (anything over your limit must be PIF by that months due date), and will also add a few other benefits which will probably come with your card in a packet (if you got the siggy version). Cap1 siggys + world MCs DO report their limits afaik btw. 

 

If they don't automatically send you the siggy just call up regular CS and ask em for it. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

 

Congrats on your CL. 


Thanks...  Even if I don't use it it will be somewhat satisfying to get the siggy card, considering a few years ago I was lucky to get a 300 dollar Orchard...

  2-13-14: FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765 - AVG: 762 - +212 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Valued Contributor
mxp114
Posts: 1,350
Registered: ‎09-01-2011

Re: Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

[ Edited ]

p- wrote:

mxp114 wrote:

The official Capital One Visa SIgnature portal has details: http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/lp/visa-signature/


Yeah, I saw that but is it really that good?  It promises hotel upgrades but doesn't list them...  just a booking site.    It says there will be entertainment exclusives but the only one on there now is a fandango discount.  It has a few restaurant discounts and a winery deal, but nothing impressive...  Have you ever taken advantage of anything nifty with your signature cards?  Nice wallet, BTW.


Visit http://www.visasignaturehotels.com/ for details on the Visa upgrades and offers. Capital One doesn't seem to offer anything beyond the standard suite of benefits provided by Visa, so what you see on the official Visa.com/Signature site is all you get. Some lenders like Chase offer specific concierge services or seperate offers for hotels or airlines. Thanks, I just put my main cards since I have also have a few store cards such as Amazon and JCP.

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy
Posts: 6,137
Registered: ‎08-16-2012

Re: Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

My ex has the Cap One Cash Visa Siggy (the green one) lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k | Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,935
Registered: ‎08-13-2007

Re: Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

I have one of these cards too and it is my daily pull from my wallet.

 

The NSPL is quite nice. Earlier this fall, I was able to run an $11,000 charge through the card and I only have a $5,000 limit. Prior to this charge (daughet college), I called them and told them what I wanted to do. They were very nice and told me a charge of $25,000 would not be a problem.

 

If I cannot get a better reward from another card for the spend, I will use this card.

 

Congrats! You will for sure like having this card in your portfolio.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
p-
Posts: 2,539
Registered: ‎06-05-2008

Re: Anybody have a Cap 1 Visa signature?

Thanks for the info!

  2-13-14: FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765 - AVG: 762 - +212 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+