cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody have an Orchard Bank (HSBC) card?

tag
hijinxu
Valued Member

Anybody have an Orchard Bank (HSBC) card?

Any idea when they send in their info?(util, ect) 

On the statement date? at the end of the month? When they feel like it?

I am sure its the util amount from the statement, but I am just curious when they get around to sending it out.

Thank you all! 

EQ: 611 | TU: 585 | EX 621 3/11/09 (EX thanks to my lender) also near 100% util
EQ: 570 | TU: 558 | EX:585 5/12/08
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Anybody have an Orchard Bank (HSBC) card?

Supposedly, HSBC and Orchard bank cards update on the last business day of each month, reporting the balance that you have on that date. But it seems like every 4 months or so, they just don't bother to update --they skip a month, and all their customers sit around, wondering when things will update again.

There are an awful lot of things that I can put up with from a bank, but this isn't one of them.

btw, it seems like their store cards behave themselves and act more normally. My Best Buy store card reports on the statement date, reporting the balance that's on the statement.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever they feel like it, until you are past due, then the lates are "Johnny On The Spot" almost instantly with all three. My statement closes on the 23rd of the month, it would be great if it posts atleast by the end of the month.... I'm trying to rebuild and the wait for CCC to update reports are torture!
Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Supposedly, HSBC and Orchard bank cards update on the last business day of each month, reporting the balance that you have on that date. But it seems like every 4 months or so, they just don't bother to update --they skip a month, and all their customers sit around, wondering when things will update again.

There are an awful lot of things that I can put up with from a bank, but this isn't one of them.

btw, it seems like their store cards behave themselves and act more normally. My Best Buy store card reports on the statement date, reporting the balance that's on the statement.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
Guardian
Valued Contributor

I have had them in the past, they are unpredictable and pretty much HSBC. They are supposedly consistent with reporting at the end of the month but they are not always on the ball with that. Sometimes no update for a couple of months. You will get used to it and yes it sucks.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 4 of 10
terren2000
Regular Contributor

im interested in this as well.  I havent got an updated balance for the month of February.
Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Just got HSBC a month ago.   They claim they update at end of month.
Message 6 of 10
terren2000
Regular Contributor

^^^

So how long does it take to show on your credit report?

Message 7 of 10
KWilliams

My account always updates around the 13th.  They report the balance from the end of the month as you said.
Message 8 of 10
terren2000
Regular Contributor

the 13th.  thanks.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last update from my HSBC cards were January for Experian and December for Equifax and Transunion according to todays CCT report.  I pif'd all of my cards last month, and am waiting for the results to show up on my credit reports so I can app the Discover More card.  (Just got in with NFCU.  One of their cards is definitely next!) Smiley Very Happy

I hate the waiting gameSmiley Sad

Message Edited by Duplex on 03-04-2010 02:06 PM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.