Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody heard of Commerce Bank?

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

Anybody heard of Commerce Bank?

https://www.commercebank.com/default.asp 

This bank is headquartered in Kansas City and has branches throughout the midwest.

I keep getting pretty good preapproval letters from them. 24 months @ 0% and 11.99% after that. $1k minimum CL and $15k max CL.

Does anybody know anything about them? I keep searching for info about them here and just get info about TD Bank.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Krenee11

Re: Anybody heard of Commerce Bank?

Here in Philly we used to have Commerce, until they were taken over by TD Bank.

Starting Score: EX: 658
Current Score: TU: 631 EX: 710
Goal Score: BOTH 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does commerce bank still exist? I mean here on east coast, it has been taken over by TD back.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are a pretty well known and good bank in Missouri. They've survived being gobbled up by the bigger banks for a long time and have grown through the years. 

Message 4 of 9
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

All I know is that I drive past 2 branches - one that was just built - on my way to work here in the Wichita area.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
in0wh3r3ul1v3
New Contributor

i work at TD bank and all i know is that we get a lot of people without accounts trying to cash checks drawn on that bank. but there is no affiliation, as TD only has branches along the east coast.

Macy's Red Star - $5100 (1/2010)
AMEX Everyday - $9000 (1/2011 Backdated)
AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL
Chase Amazon Prime - $8900 (11/2011)
Lowe's/SYNCB - $6500 (7/2014)
J. Crew/CB - $3500 (2/2015)
Target REDcard - $500 (11/2015)
Citi AAdvantage - $4000 (6/2016)
Chase United MileagePlus - $5000 (2/2017)
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was a Commerce Bank customer for many years when I lived in KC. 

I moved to California 5 years ago, and still have an active Commerce Bank CC, though It doesn't get much use.

I just "exercised" my Bank of America CC for my vacation. (PIF)  So I was planning to use the Commerce Bank card for my next CC purchase, but no idea when that will be.

I use my local bank-issued (Wells Fargo) CC for every-day stuff like cell phone, utilities, cable, and use my debit card for virtually everything else. 

Commerce Bank rates are actually quite good, I try not to carry a balance, but when I do, I'll use the Commerce Bank card; That is, until I get one of those offers in the mail to pay-off my other cards for some rediculously low rate for 9 to 12 months with my BofA or WellsFargo account. As long as the banks want to play that game, I'll play along, but never to put-off paying, only to manage interest costs when I must.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Commerce is a well known bank where I live in Johnson County, KS.  Part of Greater KC.  They have branches all over the place.  Most people seem to think they're a good bank...for a bank.

I get mail from them every month or so about 0% BT offers, but they vary a bit each time.  Sometimes it will be 15 months, sometimes there's no fee, sometimes the card has no rewards.  I just started getting mail from them early this year, not sure why...but I don't think they've sent the exact same offer to me twice.

I've been adding more CU's thank banks this year, so I didn't really consider them.  When I open up another round of CC's, I will check out what they are offering up at the time.  I believe those offers are targeted though, none of them were ever listed on their website when I checked.

Message 8 of 9
andre181
Established Contributor

I just thought I would update.

After receiving about 3 of these offers every week (each one being different), I finally decided to app. 

The offer was 0% for 12 mos. on purchases and BT's, with no BT fee during the first 60 days. APR after the intro period is 14.24%

On the application, I listed 1 BT that I wanted for $8500, hoping that will increase my chances of approval for a large CL.

Once I submitted the app, it said they will contact me in 2-3 weeks, so I'm guessing that they manually review each app.

I will update when I hear back!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.