cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody here got Braclycard Arrival World Elite MasterCard?

tag
noobody
Established Contributor

Anybody here got Braclycard Arrival World Elite MasterCard?

I got approved with 10K CL World MasterCard last month, on my search EMV chip option on this card, I found a long thread about this in barclaycard forum, and one guy mention he got world elite mastercard version, I called barclay to ask about upgrade to elite version, CSR was clueless.

4th post of this thread

I think a lot forum member got this card, anyone been approved or upgrade to WEMC version of this card?

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anybody here got Braclycard Arrival World Elite MasterCard?

@noobody wrote:

I got approved with 10K CL World MasterCard last month, on my search EMV chip option on this card, I found a long thread about this in barclaycard forum, and one guy mention he got world elite mastercard version, I called barclay to ask about upgrade to elite version, CSR was clueless.

4th post of this thread

I think a lot forum member got this card, anyone been approved or upgrade to WEMC version of this card?

I only have the World MC version, not the elite.....in fact, this is the first I'd heard of this.  However, IMO your best bet to get answer on this (unless another forum member chimes in beforehand) is to contact the backdoor analyst number on Monday (unless their closed due to the holiday, then try on Tuesday).  I agree, as nice as their CSRs have been IME, I've run into a clueless one or two.....kinda frustrating....

Good luck....hope it works out for you!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 2 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Interesting question. Barclays has a few World Elite Mastercards but I have not seen or heard that it exists for the Arrival. Maybe it is by invitation only....anyway if you find out please post your findings as I would love to know too Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

mxp114 has the Arrival WEMC according to his signature.

Based on what others have said (not too sure on the specifics myself), Barclays conducts reviews of accounts from time to time, and may upgrade customers during the process. I am guessing it has to do primarily with the amount of spend you put on the card, on top of income and other credit related factors. 

You can always try asking CS to see if you are eligible for an upgrade.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just was approved for the Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard. I have TU of 661. At first was denied due to short history but called and they approved me for CL of 3000. Really great card and great customer service. If you can get/upgrade this card, I would definitely recommend it!

Message 5 of 16
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

in your own signature, where your arrival card is, thats the actual ELITE version. or go to their website and its on the main page. 

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 6 of 16
RsxWithSlicks

@TatorTodd wrote:

in your own signature, where your arrival card is, thats the actual ELITE version. or go to their website and its on the main page. 

Lol. I was going to point that out.

http://www.aboutbarclaycardus.com/prodsresource_products.php

I recently applied directly for the Elite and got approved for 4k. I believe the difference is that you can earn more points at a faster rate but have an annual fee vs the standard card does not.

Message 7 of 16
Alaskagurl
New Contributor

@noobody wrote:

4th post of this thread

I think a lot forum member got this card, anyone been approved or upgrade to WEMC version of this card

My card it was already a World Elite when I received it. I looked on the back of the card and under the silver globe it says World Elite.

Message 8 of 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

@RsxWithSlicks wrote:

@TatorTodd wrote:

Lol. I was going to point that out.

http://www.aboutbarclaycardus.com/prodsresource_products.php

I recently applied directly for the Elite and got approved for 4k. I believe the difference is that you can earn more points at a faster rate but have an annual fee vs the standard card does not.

What you are thinking about is the difference between the "Arrival plus" and the "Arrival" Based on credit there is a World Elite version for the Arrival Plus that has the shiny silver mastercard logo rather than the red/yellow combo. I don't remember what the benefits are to the world elite though sorry!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 9 of 16
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Always a good idea to make note of the dates. This thread was made in Feb, a time when only a handful of people had Arrival WE. As of May 15th, every new applicants is approved for WE and all existing accounts will get upgraded by the end of 2014.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.