cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody recently request a CLI on a USAA Amex ?

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody recently request a CLI on a USAA Amex ?

I Emailed USAA to ask about a CLI with a soft pull, gave them my income, etc. and asked for a raise from 3k to 10k.  They responded with this message:

Dear Mr. p,

Thank you for your recent message regarding your USAA credit card account ending in p. To review your account for a credit limit increase, we ask that you provide the following information:

* Own or Rent

* Monthly rent amount (It's not necessary to include monthly mortgage payment if you own your home.)

Alimony, child support or separate maintenance income does not need to be revealed if you do not wish to have it considered as a basis for repaying this obligation.

Your credit report will be used to determine if you qualify for a credit limit increase on your USAA credit card account. This will result in an inquiry to your credit report. Please note a credit report will be pulled for each accountholder when requesting an increase in your credit line.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,

Sound like a hard pull is required - bummer.
Message 11 of 17
p-
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:

called for a CLI a few days ago after having their Amex for >12 months, it was a HP on EQ for an increase to 21K.

Looking closer... Sweet!  Just realized you said they pulled EQ.  That what they pulled when they gave me the card initially.  Luckily, my one paid CA and 12 inquiries are on EX, so my EQ looks much better, only 4 inq, and resulting score is higher too.

EQ: Plus score 709, 4 Inq, AAOA 4 yrs, oldest 8.5 yrs, CC Utilization 13%, negatives 1 - 30 days late on 1 account in  2007.  1 Mortgage, open, 5 installment accounts, 1 open, 4 paid.  9 revolvers, 7 open, 2 paid.  No collections.  

Hope it's enough, crossing my fingers.  Asked them for 10k, if granted will be my first 5 figure CL.  Don't know if it matters but I am pre-approved for a 50k car loan and a 125k HELOC on the "My Offers" tab at USAA.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@p- wrote:
Don't know if it matters but I am pre-approved for a 50k car loan and a 125k HELOC on the "My Offers" tab at USAA.

If you've got something under the "MY OFFERS" tab, other than advertisements (which is all I've got), sounds to me like you're good to go!  I wish you the BEST!!!

Message 13 of 17
p-
Valued Contributor

Also, my balance on the card is 0, but I have used it every month.

Message 14 of 17
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you've got something under the "MY OFFERS" tab, other than advertisements (which is all I've got), sounds to me like you're good to go!  I wish you the BEST!!!

Lol, thanks, hope you're right.  After being denied for their AMEX before, it eventually popped up in that tab.  Keep an eye on it, and yours will start to fill eventually too.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

No real help ,, but I got the USAA card a couple years ago, they gave me a 5k limit I called to get it increased when I activated the card and they me No on the increase and they reveiw the accounts "Every 6 months"  .. I threw the card in the shreader ..  Been more than 24 and I've seen no Luv on the card .... 

Message 16 of 17
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No real help ,, but I got the USAA card a couple years ago, they gave me a 5k limit I called to get it increased when I activated the card and they me No on the increase and they reveiw the accounts "Every 6 months"  .. I threw the card in the shreader ..  Been more than 24 and I've seen no Luv on the card .... 

Try using it - maybe then they will raise it for you.  They just upped me from 3k to 6k, my highest line yet.  I've never had more than a 1k balance on the card.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.