Did you mean: 

Anybody try?? Chase sapphire

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Anybody try?? Chase sapphire

@athensguy wrote:

@DI wrote:
I say NO to any BOA and Chase products.   They will never be in my wallet.
Schwab Visa and BP Visa...A lot of rewards for me come from those two.

Speaking of the Sapphire though, it does not look like anything special. Basically a 1 or so percent rewards card, and it has an annual fee if you get the slightly better one.

What's better, my BofA Accelerated Rewards AMEX or Chase Sapphire. Seems to me they're both mediocre.
Message 11 of 15
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@athensguy wrote:

@DI wrote:
I say NO to any BOA and Chase products.   They will never be in my wallet.
Schwab Visa and BP Visa...A lot of rewards for me come from those two.

Speaking of the Sapphire though, it does not look like anything special. Basically a 1 or so percent rewards card, and it has an annual fee if you get the slightly better one.

What's better, my BofA Accelerated Rewards AMEX or Chase Sapphire. Seems to me they're both mediocre.
Yeah, not a whole lot of difference between them. The Sapphire points look like they're easier to turn into travel.
Message 12 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Sorry - that's BofA Accelerated CASH Rewards
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-28-2009 09:59 PM
Message 13 of 15
JCAD42885
Established Member

I'm kind of annoyed; I tried to upgrade my Chase account (just a little $900 limit Mastercard) to the Sapphire, but when they ran the credit check they only approved me for a $500 increase - bringing me way under the $5000 minimum credit limit for the Sapphire card.

I don't understand. My FICO score is like 770, and I don't carry a balance; I have 5 or 6 cards with credit limits in excess of $5000, and this puny Chase card is like my smallest limit. Why wouldn't they approve me for the Sapphire card? Maybe I'll just cancel my Chase account. >:-/

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JCAD42885 wrote:

I'm kind of annoyed; I tried to upgrade my Chase account (just a little $900 limit Mastercard) to the Sapphire, but when they ran the credit check they only approved me for a $500 increase - bringing me way under the $5000 minimum credit limit for the Sapphire card.

I don't understand. My FICO score is like 770, and I don't carry a balance; I have 5 or 6 cards with credit limits in excess of $5000, and this puny Chase card is like my smallest limit. Why wouldn't they approve me for the Sapphire card? Maybe I'll just cancel my Chase account. >:-/

You mentioned that you have "5 or 6" cards with credit limits in excess of $5000.  Maybe they looked at it and thought that was a sufficent amount of available credit.

When I was speaking with my Bank branch manager he told me that was something they had started to do with their credit cards (US BANK) , that is lookiong at the TOTAL AVAILABLE CREDIT a person has.

I really think with the current credit climate you will see more banks doing this and sadly I think the days of giving people more credit then they possibly need are over.

It is a shame with your credit record that they did not grant you more, but I just think as consumers we need to be prepared for stricter underwriting guidelines by banks.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.