Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anymore Discover CLIs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anymore Discover CLIs?

My 90 days came and went and no SP CLI. I read from someone in another thread how the button is "broken" again. I searched the approvals and I only see two: One after  a year and one from a first timer.  Seems to have "broken" after letting people who graduated from secure to unsecure be able to request CLIs. Mine has always been unsecured. Curious if they are wanting 6 months or more in between CLIs now. What's everyone elses experience been so far? What had you been getting previously?

ETA: On 05/21, day 92, I received a small CLI of $500. Previously I had received a $5000 CLI.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anymore Discover CLIs?

Got $500 cli roughly about 90+ days since my first $500 a coiple weeks ago . 7 month old account, just the 2 $500 clis.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to hit the CLI button too afraid I'll get rejected. My first increase was Dec 31, 16. Second request was back in March and now is may. I wanted to request again.. they only give me $300 each 😔. Not much but I still take it
Message 3 of 27
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Wife stuck at $27,500 (card is 22 years old).  Over 90 days and just got another "insufficient experience withcurrent credit limit" letter.  No luck for me at 61 days so waiting until next month when the card hits 1 year.  I am certainly on the 90+ schedule.  $3k at 3 mos, and $500 each at 6 and 9 months.  I'll end up only using it for 5% categories unless it grows significantly.  Not exactly the most-used card in my wallet (I've run about $8k through it in 11 months; the double-cash-back will be nice soon since much of that was category spend), but my Discover card is still at only about 1/3 of my average card limit and they usually like to be one of the highest in someone's wallet.  I tried to call and speak to an analyst about 3 months ago and they wouldn't even talk to me about doing a HP.  Frustrating.  I do plan to call after my 0% year is up to discuss lowering the APR (will have crept up into the 15s with the prime rate changes); hopefully they'll offer me another year at 0%, although it would be nice to either have a buffer to make a large BT or to actually make sizable purchases.

Message 4 of 27
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/td-p/4802538

Disco has been topsy turvy lately depending on your profile with them.   Since 3/29 when they made some changes to the system it's broken CLI's for some of us that normally get them on a predictable cycle and for others under $20K seem to have no problems but, there's no specific rhyme or reason to the denials based on specific criteria that I can put my finger on.  

I'm guessing they unlocked the Secured CLI problem, changed some other parameters, and potentially reset the clock on those of use with repeated success.

Hitting the button doesn't hurt other than your ego if you get a denial.  Don't take it personally though since I racked up 18K+ in CLI's in 4 months before they chnaged the game and get the denials as well.  Just roll with the punches and hit it weekly or monthly if you want to and let the denials stack up in your mailbox.  Eventually it will work again with success. 

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been stuck since they "fixed" the issue. 3 months of "not enough experience at current limit" despite being at that limit since Dec 2016.
Message 6 of 27
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I got a $2200 bump in March. I haven't tried since then as my utilization on my Disco is a little high due to a car repair.

Message 7 of 27
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

I seem to get them every 90 days. My last two CLI's have been disappointing with only $500 each time. I just got $500 Friday at my 91st day. But in September I got $4,000 on my 90th day CLI.

To be fair to Disco, I never use the card. I spend about $15 a month on it so that is probably why it's been disappointing recently. But, yeah, it still works fine.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 8 of 27
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@K in Boston.
I read insufficient experience at current limit differently. I see their meaning as insufficient spending at a certain CL. How much monthly spend is being put on the card? If it's about 1-2%, I think CCCs come to the conclusion that a card holder doesn't need any increase because they're not using what they already have. Just my 2cents.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 27
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I think that's it exactly... I feel like I get "insufficient experience" until I've charged a certain amount and paid it back down, regardless of time frame.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.