cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Approved with Venture or QS with previous Low Credit Line Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone Approved with Venture or QS with previous Low Credit Line Cards?

I don't remember exact numbers because it's been a few months but my Fico scores now are Eq 631, Ex 630 and Tu 638. They were lower when I applied in July. I do remember my Ex being around 605 and thinking there was no way the prequal could be legit. In fact, I had been turned down for the Barclay rewards card two weeks earlier. Even on recon they wouldn't even give me a $300sl. So when I saw the Cap1 prequal I was highly doubtful. But I read a ton of approval stats on here, saw a set APR and opt out notice and decided to just go for it. I almost died when it came back approved for $15k! My AAoA is 9years. Oldest account 19years. $75k salary. Several baddies.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad had a $1K limit platinum MC with them. 

I first did the CLI, got him up to $3K and for the heck of it, I tried the pre-qual and he had Venture and QS in there - A congratulations and firm APR.  He ended up with 2 QS's althought I SWEAR I only app'd once - my computer must have glitched in cyber space.  He got a $3K congratulations and then out of the blue another $10K card arrived - it was his, his address, his card, ready to be linked in his account and the only HP on his report is the ONE I thought I app'd for.  Must have had some cached information when I tried apping for my mom in there............

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I had an $800 Cap1 platinum still in credit steps and scores way lower than yours. But it said I was prequalified for Venture and QS. Approved for Venture with 15k SL!

Wow.

Message 13 of 17
NewNimproved
Established Member

So pulled the trigger and Apped for both Venture and Venture One at same time V1 approved for 5,000 but 7-10 business days for the regular Venture. :/  Also, decided since I'm at it to app for the Discover IT and got approved for 6,000. Debating if I should do the QS and see??

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NewNimproved wrote:

So pulled the trigger and Apped for both Venture and Venture One at same time V1 approved for 5,000 but 7-10 business days for the regular Venture. :/  Also, decided since I'm at it to app for the Discover IT and got approved for 6,000. Debating if I should do the QS and see??

I'd be very concerned that a QS app would add another triple pull and end up with another 7-10 day message. Great SL on Discover!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife only had a $500 Cap1 Platinum card in her name when the prequal came up for Venture for her. She was approved for $10k on Venture and $3k on the QS Visa. Not sure what all they look at, but it worked for her.

Message 16 of 17
NewNimproved
Established Member

You're right. I'm going to leave well enough alone and see what they say about the Venture...but now that I'm thinking about it atleast I approved for the one without an AF. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.