Reply
Regular Contributor
Mustangfrank
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎07-17-2012

Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?

Has anyone been approved  for CSP with less than a year of Credit history ?

 

I have (9) months history on Cap1 2k

Couple Months history (3) Amex Cards

PIF carry no balances.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?

Didn't the AMEX cards back date?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?

Have you tried to CLI your amex cards yet?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?

[ Edited ]

I have a AAOA of little over a year, but I did have a student loan 7 years ago paid in full. I got a CSP approved instantly. I only have 14 month solid credit reporting but I have a quite a bit of cards on my reports + my Chase bank account has over $50,000 and from what I was told if you have a Chase account with over $10,000 it increases your chances tremendously.

 

With your scores it shouldn't be a problem.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor
Mustangfrank
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎07-17-2012

Re: Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?


Dustink wrote:

Didn't the AMEX cards back date?


Yes they did. The Amex cards back dated 30 years but I have not had "Active" credit cards for twenty years.

So I only have the nine months of Cap1 and two months of the (3)  Amex reporting.

 

Do they consider the backdating for approval?

I thought that backdating just helped your Fico scores not active history.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?


Mustangfrank wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Didn't the AMEX cards back date?


Yes they did. The Amex cards back dated 30 years but I have not had "Active" credit cards for twenty years.

So I only have the nine months of Cap1 and two months of the (3)  Amex reporting.

 

Do they consider the backdating for approval?

I thought that backdating just helped your Fico scores not active history.


-_-; applying online automated systems factors in your credit score only from my experience, and even manual reviews I've never been asked about my AU accounts. If your score is good enough, and your AAOA is high due to 30 years back dating I would DEFINIATELY app now and let us know how it went, cause i'm 99% sure you'd get approved.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor
Mustangfrank
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎07-17-2012

Re: Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?


distantarray wrote:

I have a AAOA of little over a year, but I did have a student loan 7 years ago paid in full. I got a CSP approved instantly. I only have 14 month solid credit reporting but I have a quite a bit of cards on my reports + my Chase bank account has over $50,000 and from what I was told if you have a Chase account with over $10,000 it increases your chances tremendously.

 

With your scores it shouldn't be a problem.



I do have a checkng account with them but do not have $10,000 in it.

I guess I could move some more  money into it.

 

 

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Regular Contributor
Mustangfrank
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎07-17-2012

Re: Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?


distantarray wrote:

Mustangfrank wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Didn't the AMEX cards back date?


Yes they did. The Amex cards back dated 30 years but I have not had "Active" credit cards for twenty years.

So I only have the nine months of Cap1 and two months of the (3)  Amex reporting.

 

Do they consider the backdating for approval?

I thought that backdating just helped your Fico scores not active history.


-_-; applying online automated systems factors in your credit score only from my experience, and even manual reviews I've never been asked about my AU accounts. If your score is good enough, and your AAOA is high due to 30 years back dating I would DEFINIATELY app now and let us know how it went, cause i'm 99% sure you'd get approved.


OK I will give it a shot but first I will move some more cash into my checking account. Couldn't hurt.

 

 

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?

[ Edited ]

Mustangfrank wrote:

distantarray wrote:

I have a AAOA of little over a year, but I did have a student loan 7 years ago paid in full. I got a CSP approved instantly. I only have 14 month solid credit reporting but I have a quite a bit of cards on my reports + my Chase bank account has over $50,000 and from what I was told if you have a Chase account with over $10,000 it increases your chances tremendously.

 

With your scores it shouldn't be a problem.



I do have a checkng account with them but do not have $10,000 in it.

I guess I could move some more  money into it.

 

 


Remember if you have a checking with them apply for a Freedom card next =)

 

Checking + Freedom = 10 extra points every time you use it.

5 points off Freedom catagories transfered to Sapphire = 20% bonus for travel for total of 6points 

 

This is what people like to call Chase Trifecta

 

So technically you could do $1 purchase on Freedom on a catagory  spending, get 5 points + 10 points + 20% off a $1 purchase. that's 18 points for that $1 spent =x


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor
Mustangfrank
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎07-17-2012

Re: Anyone CSP w/less than a year history ?


Dustink wrote:

Have you tried to CLI your amex cards yet?


 The 61st day is coming up. 

I plan on applying for the 3x CLi.

 

Just not sure which card to apply  the CLi for the BCE 3k or the Amex costco TE 10k

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+