Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone DSW Visa Card Yet??

tag
ElizaBen
Established Member

Anyone DSW Visa Card Yet??

I am just curious if anyone else is thinking about the DSW Visa card (or applied yet)...   I keep thinking about it.   Well,  I am addicted to shoes and credit cards;  so it makes perfect sense to me.  LOL :-)    Until I realize from a financial perspective it really may not.   The rewards are truly not that good for outside of the Shoe store.

Also,  does comenity have a 'limit of cards allowed per person"??

Any information would be appreciated.   Even if it is to talk me out of doing it.   :-)  Thanks.

Starting Score:
EQ-690, TU-705, EX-695
Current Score: EQ-772, TU-755, EX-768
Goal Score: 800+ Across ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone DSW Visa Card Yet??

Looks like a pretty junky card.  150 points = 1 dollar, each $1 spent at DSW is 20 points, so ~1.33% per dollar.  A general Spend card like the Double Cash or QS or Fia Amex would give you way better ROI than the DSW card, even at DSW.

On top of that, your redemption forces you to buy more at DSW.  Pass.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ElizaBen wrote:

I am just curious if anyone else is thinking about the DSW Visa card (or applied yet)...   I keep thinking about it.   Well,  I am addicted to shoes and credit cards;  so it makes perfect sense to me.  LOL :-)    Until I realize from a financial perspective it really may not.   The rewards are truly not that good for outside of the Shoe store.

Also,  does comenity have a 'limit of cards allowed per person"??

Any information would be appreciated.   Even if it is to talk me out of doing it.   :-)  Thanks.

Don't do it.. Why would you want it really? A DSW card... save your itch for something else..

Message 3 of 5
ElizaBen
Established Member

After some additional time thinking before hitting submit on that card application... I came to the same conclusion (truly a pretty junky card).    I opted to use my BCE card for the online purchase ;-)   Thanks for the quick information!!

It was a weird but yet refreshing thing to do... "fill-out the application and then hit cancel"  LOL

Starting Score:
EQ-690, TU-705, EX-695

Message 4 of 5
ElizaBen
Established Member

Definitely going to save that itch for a better card :-)  Thanks for the advice.

Starting Score:
EQ-690, TU-705, EX-695

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.