Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Ever Had Their Cards Closed...

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

Anyone Ever Had Their Cards Closed...

Anyone ever had their cards closed for paying in full each month?

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

mnRe: Anyone Ever Had Their Cards Closed...

never. why would they want to close a positively reporting money machine?

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Anyone Ever Had Their Cards Closed...

@RSCo wrote:

Anyone ever had their cards closed for paying in full each month?

That would be quite dumb of a creditor because they would lose my business forever and I'm sure others would be the same way.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 9
RSCo
Established Contributor

Well my thought was that they are in the business to make money and since they are not making any interest on their credit line, the only thing left would be merchant swipe fees each time we use the card...

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

Well my thought was that they are in the business to make money and since they are not making any interest on their credit line, the only thing left would be merchant swipe fees each time we use the card...

Believe me they make a PRETTY penny off of those fees.....

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

I too have wondered this. I remember a long time ago in middle school we were watching some info video thing about credit cards and some of the people were saying their credit accounts were closed because the credit card companies were never making any money off of them via interest.

Message 6 of 9
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

The banks, especially discover and amex make a ton off the swipe fees.  A customer who pays in full is less of a default risk that someone who carries a balance.  I feel like they would rather you pay in full than revolve a balance.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 7 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

I too have wondered this. I remember a long time ago in middle school we were watching some info video thing about credit cards and some of the people were saying their credit accounts were closed because the credit card companies were never making any money off of them via interest.

I find that hard to believe there were probabl other factors for their account closings but PIF isnt a valid reason.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 9
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I think back in the early 2000''s, CCCs acted differently. Whenever I maxed out my cards back then and just made the min monthly payment, I would get a huge CLI. Then I would max that out and get another increase. Young and stupid me didn't realize that the higher the balance got, the higher my min monthly payment got, and I was in deep trouble before I could blink an eye. Maxing out your cards in this day and age, won't get you a CLI and companies like AMEX will do an audit and possibly take AA against you by either closing the account or giving you a CLD. So nowadays, lenders like when you PIF. Sometimes I will leave a small balances so they can make a couple of bucks in interest. Haha!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.