cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Ever Hit the Cap-1 Luv Button Right After Getting Their Card?

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Anyone Ever Hit the Cap-1 Luv Button Right After Getting Their Card?

Just got my QS-VS in the mail about 10 days ago and was thinking about trying out the CLI button. Anyone ever try it that soon?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone Ever Hit the Cap-1 Luv Button Right After Getting Their Card?

I have not tried it that soon XD but not to burst your bubble, it will probably say denial: due to account being too new, on the brightside if you do it, its always a SP. Cap1 can be a stickler when it comes to the love button on being at least 6 mos. Usually contacting the EO is the way to go if needed a cli before 6 mos. I was able to do one after 3 mos.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 8
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Skye: Cool-thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure how they rolled about things like that. I always read about people hitting the CLI button on Comenity card right after receiving them and getting 3 to 10 increases before a denial.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 8
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

+1 x1000

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 8
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous: Cool-thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure how they rolled about things like that. I always read about people hitting the CLI button on Comenity card right after receiving them and getting 3 to 10 increases before a denial.

This would be the J Crew card.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 5 of 8
waters
Regular Contributor

The only way that I know of to get a cli immediately after getting issued a card from capital one is the EO route.
6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 6 of 8
cluelessoregonguy
Contributor

Tried and got the 6 month msg as well. It's probably an auto decline unless you go through EO

Message 7 of 8
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/credit-line-increase/

Are all Capital One cards eligible for credit line increases?

Some types of accounts are rarely eligible for increased credit lines upon request, including Secured Cards accounts, accounts that are less than six months old, and accounts that have received a credit line increase or decrease in the last six months.

While these types of accounts are rarely eligible for credit line increases upon request, other accounts are not guaranteed to be approved.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.