cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Have advice?

tag
awdtsi98

Anyone Have advice?

I was a typical 18 year old and decided buying go fast parts for my car was more important than paying bills, so i skipped every medical, cell and school bill i could until i am now 24 and paying for it. My credit is around 518.. which is terrible, but it was 430 something a year or so ago. I have been chipping away at the open accounts on my report. some of which are closed but still lingering. I have had 8 inquiries on my reports, 4 of which i dont rememeber, 2 recently fell off (past two year mark). I recently plopped 2 more on applying for cap. one credit cards like a fool so im terrified to apply for another and cause another inquiry. I need something that will help my score climb as i chip off collectors. I have about 4 open accounts on record atm, captial one is a no go, i can pay for a secured card but my main fear is getting denied and causing another inquiry. Can anyone recommend cards that are guranteed approval with my current score? Or other things that i can sign up for that will report to credit, just to boost it along. Thanks ahead!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anyone Have advice?

I would look into a Credit Union in your area that you could start to build a relationship with if you don't have access to like Navy or USAA... they usually will give secure card no matter what.

Message 2 of 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone Have advice?

The SDFCU secured Visa doesn't require a credit check.

https://www.sdfcu.org/emv-creditcards

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.