Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone able to change cards to another card from lender? Citi and Chase

tag
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

Anyone able to change cards to another card from lender? Citi and Chase

I was wondering about if Chase would change either a Slate or Freedom to the Marriot rewards card? and also Citi Simplicity to the Hilton Honers? What is the best way to go about it? I don't mind the hardpull and was planning on closing the freedom, slate, preffered and simplicity so I could get those Hotel cards but if they will just let me just switch it out with a hardpull I want those cards for rewards. Thanks for any input on this.

EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone able to change cards to another card from lender? Citi and Chase

@Legions36 wrote:

I was wondering about if Chase would change either a Slate or Freedom to the Marriot rewards card? and also Citi Simplicity to the Hilton Honers? What is the best way to go about it? I don't mind the hardpull and was planning on closing the freedom, slate, preffered and simplicity so I could get those Hotel cards but if they will just let me just switch it out with a hardpull I want those cards for rewards. Thanks for any input on this.

Sorry, but Chase will not PC you to a cobranded card, AFAIK. Just not possible.

Also, Citi Simplicity is ineligible to PC to anything else because of the APR/fee structure. Again, it's just something hard coded in their system. Many Citi products can be PC'd but the Simplicity is unfortunately not one of them.

Sorry, OP!

Message 2 of 6
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Don't know about citi but Chase will not PC to a co branded card, you would have to apply for the Marriott separately.
Message 3 of 6
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

Ok I understand now. Any issues applying even though I have 3 chase cards and 2 citi cards? I guess I'm going to call and close a few so I have one of each then apply for hotel cards. Scores r 720+ a cross board.

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
Message 4 of 6
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Legions36 wrote:

Ok I understand now. Any issues applying even though I have 3 chase cards and 2 citi cards? I guess I'm going to call and close a few so I have one of each then apply for hotel cards. Scores r 720+ a cross board.

I don't think it would be any problem, as long as you don't get caught in the 5/24 rule. There is a rumor they started applying that rule to their cobranded cards as well, beginning this month.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 5 of 6
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

Update approved for Marriott, ihg, and Hilton reserve, even went for delta sky miles. I plan on traveling so all these will work great and some nice sign on bonuses.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.