Valued Contributor
jaybee

Re: Anyone app'd with WAMU lately?

chi

If they sent you one they will send you another pre-approval. They courted me for months before I actually gave in.
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Established Contributor
landocalrissian

Thanks for the clarification, Brammy.
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

chiwiseguy wrote:
When I go to "find my offer" it goes straight to this: Thank you for your interest in a WaMu credit card! At this time, this credit card application Web site is only available for registered users of wamu.com. Which I registered and then it goes back to the same message. Cant figure it out.

Okay that answers my quest.  I think WaMu may be cutting back on new apps.  You can go to PetSmart.com and get a WaMu card there but its tiedto PetSmart.  that being said, they may only be solliciting current cardholders aside from the inivte only cards they are sending out.  Either that or they had not offers.  Mine did go through and they soft pulled me.

Can't even app or the biz card unless you go through the back door.

Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

Brammy wrote:

chiwiseguy wrote:
When I go to "find my offer" it goes straight to this: Thank you for your interest in a WaMu credit card! At this time, this credit card application Web site is only available for registered users of wamu.com. Which I registered and then it goes back to the same message. Cant figure it out.

Okay that answers my quest. I think WaMu may be cutting back on new apps. You can go to PetSmart.com and get a WaMu card there but its tiedto PetSmart. that being said, they may only be solliciting current cardholders aside from the inivte only cards they are sending out. Either that or they had not offers. Mine did go through and they soft pulled me.
Can't even app or the biz card unless you go through the back door.

I was thinking that to Brammy. They are having a few problems over there!!
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Is this a coincidence or is it because I declined to app, that I just got notification immediately after closing the app that they are sending me convenience checks by mail...lol!
Established Contributor
landocalrissian

I read in the paper today that the WAMU is losing a lot of cash.  Alot.  Their mortgage division is almost, if not, kaput.
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

landocalrissian wrote:
I read in the paper today that the WAMU is losing a lot of cash.  Alot.  Their mortgage division is almost, if not, kaput.

3000 expected o be laid off in the subprime mortgage division.

Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

I wonder if I call and ask about it they will let me app? Worth a shot.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

chiwiseguy wrote:
I wonder if I call and ask about it they will let me app? Worth a shot.

Heck won't hurt... tell em you lost the pre app they sent you.

Established Contributor
landocalrissian

I am pretty sure the effects of this will trickle down to their credit card division as well.  All I know is:  I need a cli soon to buy a new Millenium  Falcon.  Subprime mess or not.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+