Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Re: Anyone app'd with WAMU lately?

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Brammy wrote:
Wow the PetSmart card is gone too....(scratches head).
OK, that's really low, when they yank the PetSmart card...

What the heck is going on in credit land these days? I'm just as glad that I'm 3+ months away from apping for anything at all. :smileysurprised:

Weird can't find it on the site anymore but there was a link to it in an email I just received.

Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

[ Edited ]
From what I have been reading it seems like WAMU is trying to increase its liquidity in case of more loses.  They just had to cut the dividend on there stock, which sent there stock WAY down.  Also, the rumor is Chase may end up buying them.:smileysurprised:  Not good for all us chase haters!

*edited typo*

Message Edited by chiwiseguy on 12-12-2007 06:33 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

[ Edited ]

chiwiseguy wrote:
From what I have been reading it seems like WAMU is trying to increase its liquidity in case of more loses.  They are just had to cut the dividend on there stock, which sent there stock WAY down.  Also, the rumor is Chase may end up buying them.:smileysurprised:  Not good for all us chase haters!

OMG  Don't tell me that...NUMBER ONE CHASE HATER!!!  Where did you get ths info?  I can tell you one thing, JMHO, if CHASE winds up with this portfolio, almost every cardholder in it will be ratejacked or CLD'd.

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-12-2007 09:35 AM
Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

They are saying Chase would want to buy them to gain presence in FL and CA.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

[ Edited ]
OMG...Love how they say 'low income borrowers' instead of subprime.   Why not just say underserved, since that was Household Banks line for gouging the consumer.  If this is Chase's outlook on the WaMu Portfolio, most definitely will see some changes.  Glad my WaMu is at 0 balance.  Will be there till this one plays out.

Will take a hit to overall uti but will not blink an eye to close it.

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-12-2007 09:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

OMG!!!  It goes on to say that they may take over Discover...WTH?
Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

Well I guess I wont worry about app'ing with them!!  I wonder what would happen if the did take over discover?  Nothing good probably!!!!:smileyvery-happy::smileysad:
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

chiwiseguy wrote:
Well I guess I wont worry about app'ing with them!!  I wonder what would happen if the did take over discover?  Nothing good probably!!!!:smileyvery-happy::smileysad:

Then it would just be another Chase Card not a discover and I would have to app Amex to feel better:smileysad:

Established Contributor
chiwiseguy

I can see why Chase would want them, but I don't know why Discover would want to?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}